Blur Busters Utility says i need firmware V2 but...

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
shaca

Blur Busters Utility says i need firmware V2 but...

Post by shaca » 10 May 2017, 16:13

hello guys

i installed win 10 and installed BlurB utility, but aint working, it says that i need V2 firmware in my monitor...
i checked and i have V4, shouldnt it work?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Blur Busters Utility says i need firmware V2 but...

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 May 2017, 19:13

-- When you go past that screen, does the adjustments work? Or does Strobe Utility exit?

-- Which display connection are you using? Does it work when you try a different connection (e.g. DVI versus DisplayPort)?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

shaca

Post by shaca » 11 May 2017, 03:24

hello chief

im using dvi, it worked fine on win7.
the app doesnt crash, only says that my firmw version is not supported

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 May 2017, 14:34

shaca wrote:hello chief

im using dvi, it worked fine on win7.
the app doesnt crash, only says that my firmw version is not supported
--> Does anything happen when you change sliders anyway (i.e. temporarily ignore the message, start anyway, turn on Blur Reduction on monitor, and then begin adjusting Persistence. Does brightness change).

--> Are you able to test DisplayPort?

I've seen this fix itself via swapping to a different cable -- sometimes certain cheaply-made DVI cables are missing the DDC/CI wire needed to send control codes to the monitor.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

shaca

Post by shaca » 11 May 2017, 17:25

ill test it chief

shaca

Post by shaca » 12 May 2017, 03:59

wierd, changed cables, same thing happens.
swich back cables, now software says i dont have a compatible monitor but when i move the sliders it actually works xD