BENQ Zowie XL2720 - Best Settings for Consoles

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Falkentyne

Re: BENQ Zowie XL2720 - Best Settings for Consoles

Post by Falkentyne » 23 Aug 2017, 00:42

Best to try it for yourself. This is something only your eyes can answer, and it takes a whole 3 seconds to change the Single Strobe setting (as long as the service menu is unlocked).

Double strobe looks really bad--it looks like a double image effect with less blur. Single Strobe will flicker at 60hz but looks smooth. I suggest you test them for yourself and decide. I would rather have blur reduction off, than have it double strobe at 60hz, but everyone is different.

hiroshimus

Post by hiroshimus » 25 Aug 2017, 10:04

Ill try it out for sure.

But you personally prefer sinlge strobe with blur reduction off right?

Any other values you like to tweak a little that you think is good for better gameplay experience?

;)
Falkentyne wrote:Best to try it for yourself. This is something only your eyes can answer, and it takes a whole 3 seconds to change the Single Strobe setting (as long as the service menu is unlocked).

Double strobe looks really bad--it looks like a double image effect with less blur. Single Strobe will flicker at 60hz but looks smooth. I suggest you test them for yourself and decide. I would rather have blur reduction off, than have it double strobe at 60hz, but everyone is different.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 25 Aug 2017, 17:43

Single strobe and blur reduction off are completely opposite.
Single strobe is for blur reduction on, strobing once per frame lower than 100hz.
This setting is ignored and assumed always on at 100hz and higher.
I always keep it on.

hiroshimus

Post by hiroshimus » 01 Feb 2020, 20:56

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
19 Aug 2017, 20:10
hiroshimus wrote:Hey man, thanks for that,

So I just popped up the service menu for the first time.

I got this:

Model Name: XL2720
S/N: ETZAG02138SL0
VENDER: QI SDA
PANEL: AUO M270HTN01.0
SCALER: MST 8556T
F/W VERSION: V008-20160815
MONITOR ON TIME: 0002 HR 00 MIN
BACKLIGHT ON TIME: 00020 HR 00 MIN
HDMI HPD: ON
DVI HPD: OFF
LOGO: ON
AUTO POWER: ON
INTERNET CAFE: OFF
STROBE DUTY: 020
STROBE PHASE: 100
SINGLE STROBE: OFF

So the strobe phase was already at 100.

Any other suggestions?

Because I when I did the UFO test on with my macbook the UFO was still kinda blurry.

Like I said, I can't use the strobe utility tool since I don't have a Windows PC so I haven't been able to install the CD that came with the monitor.

Help please :)
Falkentyne wrote:Set Strobe Phase (in the service menu) to 100 for consoles. If the strobe phase is set to 0, input lag will be up to 1 frame higher, which is a huge 16.7ms at 60hz.
Simple.

For 120Hz blur reduction
1. Connect Macbook at 120Hz
2. Turn on "Motion Blur Reduction" in normal monitor menu
3. Go to www.testufo.com/crosstalk
4. Bring up monitor factory menu
5. Adjust strobe phase until center of screen is clearesr

For console:
1. Go to factory menu and turn on "Single Strobe". Keep strobe phase at 100
2. Connect console
3. Go to regular monitor menu, turn on blur reduction
4. It will flicker bad but motion blur will be gone from 60 fps games. (You will get double images for 30fps games)
Hey man good evening, it's been a while.

So I need some help.

I still have the same gaming monitor. I play competitive games all the time.
I have my xbox one, my ps4, my nintendo switch and my PC connected to my monitor, all at the same time through its different input ports.

My main goal is always to have the best possible FPS advantage because competitive games is what I like to play the most.

So, to get the least input lag possible on my xbox one I selected my Gamer 2 profile on my monitor menu, then I opened up the Service Menu and set the Single Strobe to On and set the strobe phase at 100. Regarding this:
1. Does Strobe Duty have to remain at 20?

Also, if I also play competitive games on PC, I have other inquiries:
2. Do the changes I make in the Service Menu apply to all of my 3 profiles (Gamer 1, Gamer 2 and Gamer 3)?
3. What overall setting do you recommend for getting the best setting for the least input lag when I play PC?

I thank you in advanced and I would really appreciate your help. The gaming monitor language is a little too confusing for me a lot of times, english is not even my main language. :oops:

titanzop

Post by titanzop » 15 Dec 2021, 07:07

Double strobe looks really bad--it looks like a double image effect with less blur. Single Strobe will flicker at 60hz but looks smooth.