Strobe Utility "Error to communicate" [now resolved]

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
kuschluk

Strobe Utility "Error to communicate" [now resolved]

Post by kuschluk » 21 Mar 2014, 15:48

flashed my monitor today (successfull) 2 times. Service Menue Says V002 ....

=> Strobe Utility doesnt work and I get the "error trying to communicate .... "

what i have done already:

- reinstalled
- running in 98 , 2000, XP Mode
- as Administrator
- 2nd Flash for monitor
- 2nd Port @ GTX 480
- via D-Sub from 2nd PC (my Notebook)
- disabled BENQ Display Pilot
- Updated the Driver from "Panel" to "2720X"
- some restarts / PC & Monitor
- reinstalled driver for more than 5 times

I have only Win 7 x64 Home.

Don't know what to do.

I use the stock Dual-DVI Cable 144hz is possible / Display Pilot is able to configure the Monitor.

thank you

sry for this topic ... deinstalled reinstalled deinstalled reinstalled deinstalled reinstalled the monitor in the DEVICE MANAGER of windows ... => worked after 5. or 6. time ... dont really understand this shit.

Last Question:

Ghosting test with the running Line:

Earlier Strobe / Later Strobe there is no completely Bugfree motion.

if it is reduced at the bottom it comes @ top of screen ^^ => in the middle it is OK and better than without it but not perfect.

Is this normal ?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Strobe Utility "Error to communicate"

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 Mar 2014, 16:10

kuschluk wrote:flashed my monitor today (successfull) 2 times. Service Menue Says V002 ....

=> Strobe Utility doesnt work and I get the "error trying to communicate .... "

what i have done already:

- reinstalled
- running in 98 , 2000, XP Mode
- as Administrator
- 2nd Flash for monitor
- 2nd Port @ GTX 480
- via D-Sub from 2nd PC (my Notebook)
- disabled BENQ Display Pilot
- Updated the Driver from "Panel" to "2720X"
- some restarts / PC & Monitor

I have only Win 7 x64 Home.

Don't know what to do.

I use the stock Dual-DVI Cable 144hz is possible / Display Pilot is able to configure the Monitor.

thank you
- Did you try the recommended version of Windows. Strobe Utility communicates using Windows 7, Vista, 8, or 8.1. You can also borrow another computer to reprogram your monitor, then go back to your older Windows.
- If you did try the recommended Windows, did you enable DDC/CI via the monitor menus?

EDIT: I see you succeeded after reinstalling the monitor drivers. If you can remember what you may have done, please let me know, as I would like to amend instructions to make it easier for future users.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Strobe Utility "Error to communicate" / Ghosting with V

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 Mar 2014, 16:15

kuschluk wrote:Ghosting test with the running Line:

Earlier Strobe / Later Strobe there is no completely Bugfree motion.

if it is reduced at the bottom it comes @ top of screen ^^ => in the middle it is OK and better than without it but not perfect.

Is this normal ?
Yes, but you can reduce the visibility in actual games to the point where you do to notice. You can get it to as low as LightBoost whcih has ghosting at the very bottom most edge, and topmost edge.
- You can reduce this greatly by using 100Hz or 120hz
- You can further reduce this by using the Vertical Total 1350 trick.

Some optimal settings:
http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=452
This makes it 90% gone from actual games since the UFO test is a torture test. I have seen certain LigHtBoost models that had more ghosting than an optimally calibrated Zseries with these settings, at 100-120Hz.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

kuschluk

Re: Strobe Utility "Error to communicate" [now resolved]

Post by kuschluk » 21 Mar 2014, 16:55

hm... it was totaly unlogical sry.

first i followed my brain and controlled and changed the things Strobe Utility suggests and some other things. USELESS.

then I frustrated kicked the Monotor from my Device Manager list: "Deinstall Driver" => search for hardware => PNP monitor => update driver via Internet => normal 2720z driver (like before).

then i restarted Display Pilot => no function

=> same things 2nd and 3rd time (unhappy because this was not the first bad thing today ^^)

=> Display Pilot starts "=> Monitor flickerd 1 time Desktop => Black => Desktop" all features are available but it has a confusing Name in Display Pilot "@@@0000" ( before Display Pilot named it XL2720Z, but it doesnt work (no picture modes in the software)).

=> tried Blur Busters Utility => Works fine @ first try.

In my device Manager its called Still XL2720Z ... but Display Pilot calls it now @@@0000 => ... really confusing

hope this helps

good night

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 Mar 2014, 18:38

kuschluk wrote:hm... it was totaly unlogical sry.
I have a theory:
I think it's necessary to quit all other monitor adjustment apps (e.g. Display Pilot, SoftMCCS, etc) before running Blur Busters Strobe Utility. I received one other report of erratic conflict with other display adjustment utilities, so I'm going to amend the instructions to mention this to exit other monitor-related utilities while using Blur Busters Strobe Utility -- just in case!

Sorry about these difficulties; I do totally appreciate your feedback! And I am glad the Utility is running now for you!

kuschluk

Post by kuschluk » 22 Mar 2014, 04:38

@ my notebook (DVI DSub adapter => DSUB Monitor) i have no Monitor tools installed. => didn't work too.

=> but i dont know if it could work over DSUB / VGA