XL2720z V2 + BB Strobe Utility = Greatest Gaming Monitor!

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
GitDat

Re: XL2720z V2 + BB Strobe Utility = Greatest Gaming Monitor

Post by GitDat » 18 Apr 2014, 10:33

phpBB [video]

I AM COMPLETE!!! All 3 monitors at V2 firmware!! READY FOR WAAAAARRRR!! :twisted:

Special thanks to the Chief for all of his assistance!
Cougar Conquer 2 | MSI Meg Z390 Godlike | 9900K | NZXT Kraken X72 | 32GB TridentZ RGB 3600MHz | RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Samsung 960 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD RAID-0 | Corsair AX860 | 3DMark Port Royal - 14204 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Triple 32" Samsung CHG70 | Samsung CHG90 Super-Ultrawide Auxiliary

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Apr 2014, 18:24

GitDat wrote:
phpBB [video]

I AM COMPLETE!!! All 3 monitors at V2 firmware!! READY FOR WAAAAARRRR!! :twisted:

Woo Hoo! Finally, three V2 monitors all working in concert!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

krom_lg

Post by krom_lg » 21 Apr 2014, 06:07

Hi I have some questions about utility.
When Benq open the firmware, how deep you can influence the electronics in the XL series monitor?
Can you ad with utility, Y-axis compensated response time, small LED voltage boost for brighter image, large blanking interval without using vertical total trick?
Thanks for answers.

LogicElite

Post by LogicElite » 21 Apr 2014, 07:52

GitDat wrote:
phpBB [video]

Wow amazing setup :)

lol37

Post by lol37 » 21 Apr 2014, 11:56

krom_lg wrote:Hi I have some questions about utility.
When Benq open the firmware, how deep you can influence the electronics in the XL series monitor?
Can you ad with utility, Y-axis compensated response time, small LED voltage boost for brighter image, large blanking interval without using vertical total trick?
Thanks for answers.
hi,

What do you mean by Y-axis compensated response time ? you can't boost voltage via firmware, you have to unmount your monitor then do some hardware modding, it will indeed void your warranty
also you could mod your monitor by making it 240hz so larger blank interval will be avaible but won't be possible also with firmware.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 21 Apr 2014, 12:02

I think he is talking about (I could be wrong) the y axis compensated response time that Lightboost uses, to eliminate the strobe crosstalk that you need the vertical total tweak to mostly hide, along with the utility (or service menu) to hide it at the very top/bottom.

LogicElite

Post by LogicElite » 23 Apr 2014, 22:08

Congratulations Chief :)

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/monito ... 26619.html

Tom's hardware quote:
These monitors also support authorized third-party applications. For example, the BlurBusters Strobe Utility optimizes the XL-Z series monitors’ blur reduction settings, allowing gamers to customize their monitors according to their own personal gaming preferences.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

c0re

Post by c0re » 27 Apr 2014, 13:18

Greeting to everyone!

I was looking for gaming monitor and found blur busters web site with tons of so much usefull information about it!
Thank you very much for your work about busting blur!

I have HP 2710 monitor and was very satisfied with it but when I started to play cs go - I found that bluring is very bad, in past I played on crt and was very good in cs 1.6 :)

Now I'm looking for a good monitor, but I can't choose: xl2720z or xl2420z/11z. I prefer bigger one xl2720z but:
Chief Blur Buster wrote:To compare;
-- The 27" panels (XL2720T LightBoost and XL2720Z BENQ) have more strobe crosstalk than the 24" 1ms panels (XL2420TE, XL2411Z, XL2420Z)
How can I understand "more strobe crosstalk"? How much more? Will I feel this difference in counter strike global offensive?

c0re

Post by c0re » 02 May 2014, 18:26

What serial number/mask I should look for to get V2 preinstalled on XL2720Z?
I want to order a monitor, but do not want play with firmware updates, so order a v2 preinstalled is best.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 03 May 2014, 09:51

c0re wrote:How can I understand "more strobe crosstalk"? How much more? Will I feel this difference in counter strike global offensive?
Simple answer: Strobe crosstalk is a double image artifact, similiar to 3D crosstalk (faint and showing up during high contrast), but can be seen during 2D strobe use during fast motion. For most poeple, it is not noticed or distracting in most general regular gameplay on most LightBoost monitors and properly-calibrated BENQ Z-Series. Don't worry about it, as long as you're not using the older Version 1 BENQ Z-Series.

Technical answer: Strobe crosstalk is the double-image effect seen during fast motion, usually only limited to high-contrast edges (caused by incomplete GtG transitions during backlight strobing, incomplete GtG leaking between refresh cycles and showing up in consecutive strobes). The strobe crosstalk artifact is rather intense on Version 1 BENQ Z-series. Now, mostly the strobe crosstalk is noticeable only at the top/bottom edges of the screen, due to the asymmetry of the top-to-bottom LCD panel refresh versus the global all-at-once backlight flash. There are screenshots of strobe crosstalk on the Blur Busters Strobe Utility page. This is what it looks like when there is bad strobe crosstalk (PHOTO) and when there is only minor strobe crosstalk (PHOTO) -- these are photographs of TestUFO Motion Test: Alien Invasion.

Be noted that LightBoost generally has much worse colors (washed out colors), which many of us agree greatly outweighs the minor difference in strobe crosstalk between LightBoost versus Version 2 BENQ Blur Reduction.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!