[fixed] Error trying to communicate to BENQ Z

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
fabiobresil

[fixed] Error trying to communicate to BENQ Z

Post by fabiobresil » 08 Apr 2014, 13:38

Hi,

When I try to open Blur Busters Utility, It's say that : Error trying to communicate to BenQ Z-Series monitor. Blur Busters Strobe Utility isn't able to work.

1. I have Frimeware V.2
2. I turn on DDC/CI
3. I have Windows 8.1
4. I try a different DVI or HDMI cable
5. I try a different video port on my graphics card

I don't know what doing?

Thanks in advance,
Fabio

fabiobresil

Re: Error trying to communicate to BENQ Z

Post by fabiobresil » 08 Apr 2014, 16:32

I have find the solution! after using "service Menu" for upgrade the fiemware, you have to exit this "service Menu mode". Because if you don't the Blur Busters utility don't run!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 08 Apr 2014, 23:03

Good tip! I've added it to the FAQ on the Strobe Utility page.
www.blurbusters.com/strobe-utility/#notdetected
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

fabiobresil

Post by fabiobresil » 09 Apr 2014, 00:55

You welcome!

reset1101

Re: [fixed] Error trying to communicate to BENQ Z

Post by reset1101 » 30 Apr 2014, 05:32

Hi all! I have successfully updated my XL2411Z firmware to v2 but now I have an issue making strobe utility communicate with it.

I have read Faq, Ive tried everything and just doesn't work. I think it has to do with service menu. But Im just not able to exit it, or Im doing it wrong.

Right now, when I press the 4th button, the one in the left of power button, a blue menu is shown in the upper left corner of my monitor. I guess thats the service menu. I do the "power off, wait 5 seconds, press menu button (second starting from the left) while tapping the power button" monitor powers on again, but service menu still keeps showing when I press the 4th button.

How do I disable the service menu? What am I missing? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Edit: Im back with news. Some weird things have happened lately. While waiting for help from you guys I tried to do the 120hz-1350 trick in nvidia control panel. When I tried to test my screen turned almost black, I could barely see the picture in my desktop. I turned off the pc and monitor started a burn-in test.

After I managed to stop the test I turned on the computer again. Now strobe utility detects it, I have been able to do the resolution trick and... oh my god the monitor is good now!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all this community as it helps turning our normal monitors into great machines!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: [fixed] Error trying to communicate to BENQ Z

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 01 May 2014, 13:25

reset1101 wrote:Edit: Im back with news. Some weird things have happened lately. While waiting for help from you guys I tried to do the 120hz-1350 trick in nvidia control panel. When I tried to test my screen turned almost black, I could barely see the picture in my desktop. I turned off the pc and monitor started a burn-in test.

After I managed to stop the test I turned on the computer again. Now strobe utility detects it, I have been able to do the resolution trick and... oh my god the monitor is good now!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all this community as it helps turning our normal monitors into great machines!
Yes, the burn in test prevents Strobe Utility from working. So that needs to be disabled first --

Thanks, and glad you really like it now!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!