Someone, please... Looking for a "unicorn" software

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
adolfotregosa

Someone, please... Looking for a "unicorn" software

Post by adolfotregosa » 23 Apr 2020, 16:38

I am really sorry to be bothering you guys but I am sure someone here can help me and if this works ( it will, i have faith), it will really help many many users out there especially those using nvidia surround with freesync monitors that have blackouts.

I need a software that appears in basically every "modern" monitor service manual -> "TPVDDC" version 0.66 I have seen some variations on the exe name but the most detailed one I found was "TPVDDC_V066_20170512.exe".

There is another software, RTD Costumer tool, this one I have managed to find but I don't know if I can manage to pull off this without the other software..

I am waiting for my mstar isp tool to arrive but I honestly don't think I can pull this of without the TPVDDC.

Can someone help me out? I'm sure someone will know someone that can help. If this is a sensitive request, please, I am sorry in advance.

Thank you very much guys.
Last edited by adolfotregosa on 24 Apr 2020, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Someone, please... Looking for a "unicorn" software

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Apr 2020, 13:22

[Note: You posted two times. Please give moderators time to approve your post.]

There is an MSTAR firmware installer available for download on this page:
blurbusters.com/benq/diy-firmware-upgrade-for-benq-z-series/

This was authorized by BenQ in year 2014 to post the instructions to allow firmware upgrades (to XL2720Z) improve strobe adjustability -- and it still remains available for download on that page.

You don't need the TPV version of the firmware installer, the MSTAR installer will work on .BIN files for these BenQ ZOWIE monitors.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

adolfotregosa

Re: Someone, please... Looking for a "unicorn" software

Post by adolfotregosa » 02 May 2020, 12:32

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
24 Apr 2020, 13:22
[Note: You posted two times. Please give moderators time to approve your post.]

There is an MSTAR firmware installer available for download on this page:
blurbusters.com/benq/diy-firmware-upgrade-for-benq-z-series/

This was authorized by BenQ in year 2014 to post the instructions to allow firmware upgrades (to XL2720Z) improve strobe adjustability -- and it still remains available for download on that page.

You don't need the TPV version of the firmware installer, the MSTAR installer will work on .BIN files for these BenQ ZOWIE monitors.
That will not work with modern monitors BenQ monitors but
I managed to find out how do edit and write edid. Problem is fixed. AFAIK this post can be deleted as the process is hairy and prone to user error.

Thank you