XL2546. How to use a lower AMA setting?

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Blithmuthuth

XL2546. How to use a lower AMA setting?

Post by Blithmuthuth » 12 May 2020, 13:31

I own an XL2546, and do not use DYAC at all. I use the latest driver from Benq/Zowie's website, and have been trying to get good AMA/overdrive settings.

I've attempted the "AMA low" tweak/glitch/bug and was unable to get this to work on this monitor. I can go into the factory menu and set the perfect OD gain (which for me is about 27 in hexadecimal), but whenever I restart the monitor or computer, the setting resets.
I've looked through existing posts and found many asking the same questions, but have yet to see an actual answer.

Is there any way to save the factory menu OD gain setting, or at least fake some sort of AMA low or anything to get it closer to 27, without having to manually re-set it everytime I restart my computer?
Last edited by Blithmuthuth on 13 May 2020, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.

Falkentyne

Re: XL2546. How to use a lower AMA setting?

Post by Falkentyne » 12 May 2020, 16:08

Blithmuthuth wrote:
12 May 2020, 13:31
I own an XL2546, and do not use DYAC at all. I use the latest driver from Benq/Zowie's website, and have been trying to get good AMA/overdrive settings.

I've attempted the "AMA low" tweak/glitch/bug and was unable to get this to work on this monitor. I can go into the factory menu and set the perfect OD gain (which for me is about 27 in hexadecimal), but whenever I restart the monitor or computer, the setting resets.
I've looked through existing posts and found many asking the same questions, but have yet to see an actual answer.

Is there any was to save the factory menu OD gain setting, or at least fake some sort of AMA low or anything to get it closer to 27, without having to manually re-set it everytime I restart my computer?
The OD Gain setting in the factory menu cannot be saved persistently and it cannot be accessed by tools like Soft MCCS.
What happens if you enable blur reduction and then go to the AMA setting and set it to high or reset it to high? Does it change the existing AMA level? On the older Z series monitors, doing this would reduce the overdrive level (but was not persistent).

Blithmuthuth

Re: XL2546. How to use a lower AMA setting?

Post by Blithmuthuth » 13 May 2020, 10:39

It does a little! 38 (in hex), from 42. Still quite high, but much better. The problem is, if I switch back to DYAC off, it automatically brings it back up to 42.

OD gain also automatically switches to 38 just by turning DYAC on. I've also tried switching DYAC off by switching to an identical profile but without DYAC from one with it, and that didn't work either. AMA and DYAC seem really tough tied with this monitor.