XG270 or XL2411K?

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Talrivian

XG270 or XL2411K?

Post by Talrivian » 01 Nov 2020, 10:24

Hello everyone,

After purchasing multiple CRTs and experimenting with them, I have given up and am now looking for a 60hz single strobe solution so I can play Terraria and other PC 60fps locked games in bliss.

I've turned my attention to the XL2411K, since it's super cheap and has hardware support for 60hz single strobe with DYAC. (My only concern is the warning on the BenQ site saying that DYAC, and this one particular model, has reduced brightness, ugh.)

I've also read multiple times on this forum that XG270 with software BFI at 120hz is really really good looking. However, after reading and searching google for hours, I am starting to feel stupid because I can't figure out what program you actually USE to get software BFI on PC games!

If you aren't using an emulator that supports it for old Nintendo games and such, is there a reliable way to use software BFI with PC games?

If not, I think I might just purchase the XL2411K.

Thanks!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: XG270 or XL2411K?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 01 Nov 2020, 13:31

Talrivian wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 10:24
I've also read multiple times on this forum that XG270 with software BFI at 120hz is really really good looking. However, after reading and searching google for hours, I am starting to feel stupid because I can't figure out what program you actually USE to get software BFI on PC games!
Software BFI is mainly found as a setting in emulators (at this moment)
Talrivian wrote:
If you aren't using an emulator that supports it for old Nintendo games and such, is there a reliable way to use software BFI with PC games?
Not easily currently. There are ways to make this happen with a virtual display driver but currently that's not a Blur Busters priority at the moment.
Talrivian wrote:
If not, I think I might just purchase the XL2411K.
I think you saw the Good News Everyone: 60Hz Single Strobe Options, but wanted to mention this just in case you have not seen that yet.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!