help with xl2411z

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
mr.k

help with xl2411z

Post by mr.k » 03 May 2014, 12:49

Hello guys, this is my first post in this growing comunity :D
First of all thanks you for exist or I could keep being an ignorant related panels for ever.

Ive received my benq xl2411z today, and , after almost 9h reading I've to say IM A MESS..
My monitor came with V1, enjoyed very much the 144hz and I was hopping to see less blur motion effect than my previous monitor (a shitty samsung 60hz). The surprise comes when I first enable blur reduction :shock: where is the bright? and the colours?
Mad started to read and realize: 1st wrong firmware ordered, mb even monitor idk at this point...
Saw many ppl suggest to upgrade to V2, however the monitor is new, and I wouldnt like to risk or even touch the machine (and the extra cash)...
So what settings would u suggest for a hardcore csgo player ?(sry for these who arent familiar with gamers and look for a good image quality either for photography or films, i got my laptop to work and a space machine to play :D).
Im not looking for best image, I want the lesser input lag, and w,e that helps a player in the game, with some regular brighness/colours in the screen >.<

Ill post my setup: i7 980@4ghz, nvidia 780ti..win 7 (if any other info needed go ahead and ask)

sry for the english and I hope Im not creating a new useless post(believe me ive been looking for a while and couldnt find anything) :S

RustinSpencerCohle

Re: help with xl2411z

Post by RustinSpencerCohle » 07 May 2014, 10:43

you can always try to adjust the colors to a good setting! i found that in most profiles (where it is possible) i had to lower the (G)reen value more than the others to get a balanced picture.

you can also try to load .icm profiles for the monitor.

MBR does reduce the color intensity and the brightness that's right.

you can raise some things to work against this or you can use the motion buster strobe utility to make it brighter in strobe mode.

my suggestion would be make an FPS like preset on one of the customer preset, where you set everything up to be used with MBR ON and one for other games where it's not necessary and you want more color depth, contrast, clarity whatsoever, and a third one for the every day use (browsing etc.).

that's what I did, but I for myself wonder about some things, maybe someone can help me there:

1. is there a way to set the monitor or to use it in a way, where you can go from one profile setting to another WITHOUT switching to those in between? when I want to go from "standard" to "gamer1" it takes about 30seconds because every damn profile has to be loaded instead of just choosing the one i want to end with?! maybe somewhere in the service menu there is a setting?

2. someone else already stated that there are not every options in every profile present. and that you can save for example an edited STANDARD profile to GAMER1 but won't have the abiltity to edit low-blue light from the GAMER1 profile then, my question: you can't edit it, but is it there like it was in the original profile you edited and saved to GAMER1? the same maybe asked for other features. or is GAMER1 just a kind of duplicate to one of the presets like FPS, and when you save from presets with different features (like dynamic contrast, low blue light etc.) it will just take the options present (editable) in the GAMER presets and overwrite them with the ones you edited in the profile from which you're saving from? sry this is not so easy to explain , but yet I hope someone understands my question :D

3. can someone give insight in the service menu options AND how to enter the 2nd service menu with the 2411Z (that with brightness and color settings)

cskippy

Post by cskippy » 10 May 2014, 01:04

I would also be interested in the second service menu for the xl2411z to access the color and hopefully gamma adjustment. I would love to have a higher gamma because the picture, even at gamma mode 5, looks a little washed out.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 10 May 2014, 10:21

You hold down the third button (the enter button, third from the top), with the power off, and press the power button while holding it down, then when the led's flicker once, release the third button.

cskippy

Post by cskippy » 10 May 2014, 19:48

Falkentyne wrote:You hold down the third button (the enter button, third from the top), with the power off, and press the power button while holding it down, then when the led's flicker once, release the third button.
Thanks for the reply. However, on the xl2411z, there are no touch sensitive led lights. There are physical buttons with no leds except for a power indicator light. I tried your suggestion with the button that represents the menu button however that does not turn the monitor on.

Kamui12

Post by Kamui12 » 11 May 2014, 08:54

Hello,

I expose my questions:

I have 2411z version v2 and I install the utility and the trick in 1350.
In the nvidia panel I used for adaptive vertical sync frequency and for controlling the application.
Off, when I turn in my games sync it to 144hz and 120hz not like my current frequency.

I think this is what that I see in Diablo3 duplication of entries in fifa14 but it is perfect ... I'm not over do things ...

edit : I think the problem comes from the fact that it remains in 144hz despite the fact that I set a custom resolution 120hz.

I tried RAW but I do not understand ... or I'm doing it wrong because the native resolution remains 144hz and it was she who wins the game because I put the highest refresh. ..

Thank you for your help.

Sorry English is not my first language

kubadrd

Post by kubadrd » 27 May 2014, 17:17

could you please give me your profile settings when the blur reduction is turned on