Mstar ISP upgrader with window 8.1

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
damike888

Mstar ISP upgrader with window 8.1

Post by damike888 » 05 May 2014, 07:03

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with window 8.1 but I'm having no luck with upgrading to V2. I have follow all instructions very carefully including turning on DVI HPD and using DVI cable instead. I've tried it using one monitor, separate monitor and even both together. No matter what I do, Isp_tool will say no 'program files not ready' twice and then cannot find device type.

My biggest guess is that it's something to do with the drivers. For the first few times (as soon as I plugged in the Mstar ISP upgrader), I would get a notifications icon that would say Mstar tool debugger is plugged in so I get the option to safely remove it if I wanted to (just like plugin in an external hardrive). But now I don't get that notification icon at all so I have this funny feeling that it's got to do with either the drivers, software or windows 8.1. It's more just a guess though.

Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Mstar ISP upgrader with window 8.1

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 May 2014, 10:55

BENQ recommends doing the upgrade via VGA instead of DVI.
(I'm assuming you're using the ISP upgrader from cart100 rather than aliexpress, that you are using the same ISP in the photos in the V2 upgrade page.)

First, use a different monitor while upgrading the BENQ (albiet not essential, this is safer and more reliable).

Then try these steps:
1. Unplug the monitor completely from power
2. Plug in the monitor to power, but not to the computer.
3. Make sure the monitor is in standby mode (screen completely off, power button illuminated).
4. Next, hook the MSTAR ISP via VGA connector
5. Follow the instructions.

See if this works for you.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!