Unannounced 'Benq Zowie XL2540' + Extra

Breaking news in the gaming monitor industry! Press releases, new monitors, rumors. IPS, OLED, 144Hz, G-SYNC, Ultrawides, etc. Submit news you see on the Net!

Unannounced 'Benq Zowie XL2540' + Extra

Postby lexlazootin » 20 Oct 2016, 09:02

new Benq XL series PDF: http://webshop.eltele.no/pdf/01340F82-C ... 3FE741.pdf
"Pre Order" https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... 240hz.html

Of course it's going to be using the new AUO M250HTN01.0/AUO M250HTN01.3 panel that are going to be in the ASUS ROG PG258Q, Acer Predator XB251HQT and the AOC Agon AG251FZ:
http://www.panelook.com/M250HTN01.0_AUO ... 28331.html
http://www.panelook.com/M250HTN01.3_AUO ... 28334.html

The PDF is pretty long and pretty same old/same old Benq stuff, so i took some snips of things i found to be interesting so you don't have to dig through it.

http://i.imgur.com/j52bBH7.png

Apparently has FreeSync and the range is 48-240Hz via DP and HDMI 2.0 (HDMI 2.0 supports a pixel clock of 600Mhz compared to 340Mhz found on 1.3 and 1.4)

http://i.imgur.com/YQOsmWo.png

Dynamic Accuracy on XL2735 Only?! i don't quite understand but that's ok.

http://i.imgur.com/UHsYMNg.png

This picture says that there are going to be XL2540, XL2540E and XL2735, XL2735E. I'm not too sure what these 'E' monitors are.

The rest is pretty boring. It looks like a XL2430 with a upgraded panel.
lexlazootin
 
Posts: 770
Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 02:57

Re: Unannounced 'Benq Zowie XL2540' + Extra

Postby Q83Ia7ta » 20 Oct 2016, 10:32

lexlazootin wrote:This picture says that there are going to be XL2540, XL2540E and XL2735, XL2735E. I'm not too sure what these 'E' monitors are.
'E' there I guess I like 'E' in XL2420TE monitors. Nothing new :/

Also they didn't mention DisplayPort version 1.2/1.3/1.4?
Looks like 240Hz refresh rate requires DisplayPort 1.3/1.4 at latest GPU generation.
http://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu_dis ... to_240hz/1
http://www.amd.com/en-gb/innovations/so ... on-polaris
Q83Ia7ta
 
Posts: 579
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 09:29

Re: Unannounced 'Benq Zowie XL2540' + Extra

Postby lexlazootin » 20 Oct 2016, 11:18

Q83Ia7ta wrote:'E' there I guess I like 'E' in XL2420TE monitors. Nothing new :/


There was the XL2420T and the XL2420TE that they released later on in the life cycle that added "ZeroFlicker Technology" and fixed brightness with lightboost. (So i'm told)

That would mean that they are planning to fix the monitor before it's even out :lol:

Q83Ia7ta wrote:Also they didn't mention DisplayPort version 1.2/1.3/1.4?


No, i was keeping my eye out for that and i couldn't find anything, they just write 'DisplayPort' with no version number.
lexlazootin
 
Posts: 770
Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 02:57

Re: Unannounced 'Benq Zowie XL2540' + Extra

Postby 3shells » 03 Nov 2016, 15:44



pre-order link claims it uses DP 1.2, that would be really nice. I have doubts whether that's actually correct because the PG258Q will be using a newer version of Display Port. Does DP 1.2 legitimately have enough bandwidth to support 1080p at 240hz? I know there are some hacked/modded monitors that can do this with DP 1.2, but I'm assuming their finicky performance maybe in part of DP 1.2 bandwidth limitations.
3shells
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 13 Jul 2016, 12:37

Re: Unannounced 'Benq Zowie XL2540' + Extra

Postby Q83Ia7ta » 03 Nov 2016, 19:26

3shells wrote:I know there are some hacked/modded monitors that can do this with DP 1.2, but I'm assuming their finicky performance maybe in part of DP 1.2 bandwidth limitations.

can u name these monitors?
wikipedia says dp 1.2 can 240hz but...
last page https://www.amd.com/Documents/freesync-roadmap.pdf
nvidia or vedors also advertise support 240hz refresh rate at 10-series video cards. (GTX 1080, GTX 1070, etc)
they just need to sell you a new video card even you bought 240Hz monitor just for cs:go or another old twitch fps :)

also price will be 500 usd/eur at release. is it coming to black friday?
https://de.hardware.info/produkt/371632 ... wie-xl2540
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... zowie.html
https://www.barcoderobot.com/ean/?number=4718755066627
http://www.ncix.com/detail/benq-zowie-x ... 137523.htm
Q83Ia7ta
 
Posts: 579
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 09:29

Re: Unannounced 'Benq Zowie XL2540' + Extra

Postby 3shells » 04 Nov 2016, 08:44

Q83Ia7ta wrote:
3shells wrote:nvidia or vedors also advertise support 240hz refresh rate at 10-series video cards. (GTX 1080, GTX 1070, etc)
they just need to sell you a new video card even you bought 240Hz monitor just for cs:go or another old twitch fps :)


yeah, its most likely we will need one of the new cards just to use 240hz. The Qnix QX2414 is a monitor that can do 240hz, although performance and stability is extremely finicky. There is also a guy who makes boards that support 240hz for some monitors as well.
3shells
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 13 Jul 2016, 12:37

Re: Unannounced 'Benq Zowie XL2540' + Extra

Postby Q83Ia7ta » 04 Nov 2016, 08:53

3shells wrote:The Qnix QX2414 is a monitor that can do 240hz, although performance and stability is extremely finicky. There is also a guy who makes boards that support 240hz for some monitors as well.

Had QX2414 and board that support 240hz. Both variants will lose native 240Hz panel because of overdrive. It matters. My current PG248Q at 170Hz and g-sync overdrive (quality one) is better than 220Hz with cirthix board. 220Hz is my panel limit.
Q83Ia7ta
 
Posts: 579
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 09:29

Re: Unannounced 'Benq Zowie XL2540' + Extra

Postby Deicidium » 05 Dec 2016, 09:53

If you hover over the question mark next to 240Hz on http://www.panelook.com/M250HTN01.0_AUO ... 28331.html

I get the impression that it says it's not really 240. Can anyone explain to me what that tooltip says and means?
Deicidium
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 05 Mar 2016, 08:23

Re: Unannounced 'Benq Zowie XL2540' + Extra

Postby lexlazootin » 05 Dec 2016, 10:44

I don't know what they are warning about, maybe other 240hz panel with non-true 240 features?

But i can guarantee you that, this/that panel is ture 240hz.
lexlazootin
 
Posts: 770
Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 02:57

Re: Unannounced 'Benq Zowie XL2540' + Extra

Postby Q83Ia7ta » 05 Dec 2016, 17:04

Deicidium wrote:If you hover over the question mark next to 240Hz on http://www.panelook.com/M250HTN01.0_AUO ... 28331.html

I get the impression that it says it's not really 240. Can anyone explain to me what that tooltip says and means?

That tooltip means:
"120Hz (60HZ Input)" means "Embedded MEMC Circuit"
"120Hz+120Hz" means "120Hz Panel+120Hz Backlight"
"240Hz (60HZ Input)" means "Embedded MEMC Circuit"

There is no definition for "240Hz" that means it's real 240Hz.
Q83Ia7ta
 
Posts: 579
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 09:29

Next

Return to News / Rumors / Conventions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest