ViewSonic XG2530 enters 240Hz eSports monitor market

Breaking news in the gaming monitor industry! Press releases, new monitors, rumors. IPS, OLED, 144Hz, G-SYNC, Ultrawides, etc. Submit news you see online!
RealNC
Site Admin

Re: ViewSonic XG2530 enters 240Hz eSports monitor market

Post by RealNC » 20 Jun 2017, 13:27

Chief Blur Buster wrote:I wonder if SMPlayer works with variable-framerate H.264 videos.
It's mpv. SMPlayer is just a front-end (it wraps around the mpv window basically to offer more UI options.)

It does support variable frame rate video, but I suppose nobody actually tested per-frame variable frame rate. Are there even any such test videos out there? I can't find anything.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

VS_PM
Manufacturer

Post by VS_PM » 16 Jul 2017, 21:57

Hey Guys,

ViewSonic PM here. I headed the XG2530 project. If you have any questions etc. feel free to ask them here and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks!

VS_PM

SoulJamboree

Post by SoulJamboree » 08 Sep 2018, 20:09

VS_PM wrote: I headed the XG2530 project.
VS_PM
Current XG2530 owner here - great product and affordable price point.

I notice blurbusters list that this monitor has a blur reduction technology available " via service menu" - can you explain how I activate this setting?

Note: This information was found halfway through the table on this page: https://www.blurbusters.com/faq/120hz-m ... lightboost

Edit: I now understand this may just be the overdrive ie "rampage response" setting. I see guides recommend leaving this as the middle setting "faster" but I am noticing literally no difference in the https://testufo.com/ghosting image between lowest and highest settings (at 240hz 1080p). Could anyone advise what I would see with "perfect" motion blur elimination? I assume that what I would see in the moving image is exactly what I would see in the paused ie stationary image: no thick black outline to the UFO, and 3 clear dots within each UFO segment.

Am I thinking about this the right way?

Thanks for any and all assistance.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 09 Sep 2018, 08:50

SoulJamboree wrote: I notice blurbusters list that this monitor has a blur reduction technology available " via service menu" - can you explain how I activate this setting?

Note: This information was found halfway through the table on this page: https://www.blurbusters.com/faq/120hz-m ... lightboost

Edit: I now understand this may just be the overdrive ie "rampage response" setting.
No. Blur reduction refers to a backlight strobing mode. Overdrive is something completely unrelated.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

SoulJamboree

Post by SoulJamboree » 19 Sep 2018, 03:32

[/quote]
No. Blur reduction refers to a backlight strobing mode. Overdrive is something completely unrelated.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply - any idea what setting the original article was referencing then?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 19 Sep 2018, 08:11

SoulJamboree wrote:what setting the original article was referencing then?
Link please? Thanks!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

SoulJamboree

Post by SoulJamboree » 22 Sep 2018, 14:12

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
SoulJamboree wrote:what setting the original article was referencing then?
Link please? Thanks!