Refresh Rate on Benq EX2510S Osd Not Fluctuating With Freesync On

Talk about AMD's FreeSync and VESA AdaptiveSync, which are variable refresh rate technologies. They also eliminate stutters, and eliminate tearing. List of FreeSync Monitors.
AhmedRehan98

Refresh Rate on Benq EX2510S Osd Not Fluctuating With Freesync On

Post by AhmedRehan98 » 07 May 2024, 04:32

I've tried enabling freesync everywhere, my monitor says freesync premium on, my amd driver says my freesync is enabled with 48-165 range, but whenever I open a game or a test application like nvidia pendulum or amd windmill my osd refresh rate is stuck at 165hz and it never fluctuates. Going by this forum, this means freesync isn't working.

I'm on windows 11 23h2, with amd rx 6800

I have freesync enabled in amd driver->gaming>display, and under the specific game profile as well, and in windows 11 system->display->graphics->default graphics settings I have vrr enabled.

My monitor has freesync on by default granted I don't enable the blur reduction option.

According to the manual, freesync premium works with hdmi or display port, I tried using both and had the same result.

What should I try to check to get freesync working?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Refresh Rate on Benq EX2510S Osd Not Fluctuating With Freesync On

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 May 2024, 18:26

AhmedRehan98 wrote:
07 May 2024, 04:32
I've tried enabling freesync everywhere, my monitor says freesync premium on, my amd driver says my freesync is enabled with 48-165 range, but whenever I open a game or a test application like nvidia pendulum or amd windmill my osd refresh rate is stuck at 165hz and it never fluctuates. Going by this forum, this means freesync isn't working.

I'm on windows 11 23h2, with amd rx 6800

I have freesync enabled in amd driver->gaming>display, and under the specific game profile as well, and in windows 11 system->display->graphics->default graphics settings I have vrr enabled.

My monitor has freesync on by default granted I don't enable the blur reduction option.

According to the manual, freesync premium works with hdmi or display port, I tried using both and had the same result.

What should I try to check to get freesync working?
Reinstall graphics drivers if needed; and make sure FreeSync is enabled on both sides of the cable.

Make sure that you're viewing the FPS option rather than the Max Hz option as many OSDs may only display the Max Hz refresh rate -- make sure you're using a frame rate (FPS) option in the monitor's OSD. This is only reliable for VRR mode whenever framerates are completely inside VRR range.

If your game runs fast (e.g. Fortnite can run perma-165fps at many game settings), then try testing a frame rate cap to see if the monitor's FPS counter OSD changes in sync.

Test fullscreen exclusive, not borderless or windowed. Although that can work, it's usually more reliable in full screen exclusive.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!