75hz?!? Ultrawide 21:9 freesync monitor [LG 34UM67]

Talk about AMD's FreeSync and VESA AdaptiveSync, which are variable refresh rate technologies. They also eliminate stutters, and eliminate tearing. List of FreeSync Monitors.
Edmond

Re: Ultrawide 21:9 freesync monitor by LG

Post by Edmond » 05 Jan 2015, 04:55

flood wrote:none taken
perhaps i don't.

tell me your order of preference:
assume each monitor is viewed from 25inches away

a)16in wide 9in high
b)21in wide 9in high
c)16in wide 12in high
d)21in wide 14in high
Im not answering that rigged question. Its insulting frankly.

If you want to understand why 21:9 has become so popular so fast you should try one for gaming, for a week.
But im not asking that. Just a little bit of research tho.
Heres a good start:

phpBB [video]

Edmond

Re: 75hz?!? Ultrawide 21:9 freesync monitor [LG 34UM67]

Post by Edmond » 05 Jan 2015, 11:08

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu ... displays/1

SWEET JEBUS!!

If the 34UM67 is stock 75hz... i dont need anything more. IM SOLD!

34"?
21:9?
IPS?
Freesync?
HIGHER THAN 60hz?

U for real, Universe? This is the BEST IN SLOT GAMING MONITOR till OLEDs are massed up.

flood

Post by flood » 05 Jan 2015, 12:18

Edmond wrote:
perhaps i don't.

a)16in wide 9in high
b)21in wide 9in high
c)16in wide 12in high
d)21in wide 14in high
Im not answering that rigged question. Its insulting frankly.
>calling this insulting after what you wrote in your original response
;)

it's pretty obvious that a is the worst and d is the best. why? because if you really like 21:9 you can just emulate it on d.

Edmond

Post by Edmond » 05 Jan 2015, 16:52

flood wrote: >calling this insulting after what you wrote in your original response
;)

it's pretty obvious that a is the worst and d is the best. why? because if you really like 21:9 you can just emulate it on d.
Not that im getting kick out of this, but i have to say...
- its one thing to call someone names and call him out openly;
- and a completely different thing to try and manipulate someone and treat them like a moron without ever saying it;
I find one of these to actually be a little insulting.

But whatever. If you are fine with emulating then you wouldnt mind to have a huge 21:9 monitor with 2400pixel vertical space or whatever? And you can have your 16:10 emulated with black bars on the sides? .. cuz black bars on the sides are way less noticeable than on top and bottom.

flood

Post by flood » 05 Jan 2015, 17:40

all i'm saying is
1. the larger the monitor the better. unless it hurts your eyes or something. or you need to be able to see other things above the monitor.
2. assuming these wide aspect ratios become more popular, eventually the monitors will cover such a large horizontal angle that it makes more sense to increase the immersiveness by adding vertical space rather than horizontal space.

???
i think you think that i'm implying something else...

Edmond

Post by Edmond » 05 Jan 2015, 17:51

flood wrote: 2. assuming these wide aspect ratios become more popular, eventually the monitors will cover such a large horizontal angle that it makes more sense to increase the immersiveness by adding vertical space rather than horizontal space.
Then they become very large 16:9 monitors again... do you see my problem here? It seems to me that you do not understand the deal with the 21:9 aspect ratio at all. I linked a video a few posts earlier that should help you see why everyone who has tried 21:9 for gaming will never try any other aspect ratio.

Also, why do you think people build 3 monitor setups horizontally?

RadonGOG

Post by RadonGOG » 05 Jan 2015, 17:54

perhaps i don't.

a)16in wide 9in high
b)21in wide 9in high
c)16in wide 12in high
d)21in wide 14in high
Sorry, but this is simply no good at all.
1. You didn´t mention the corresponding resolutions. This does matter for folks who love pixel density!
2. You didn´t include answers like e) 24in wide 13.5in high or f) 31.5in wide 13.5in high or ...
3. You completely ignore costs!
Last edited by RadonGOG on 05 Jan 2015, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.

flood

Post by flood » 05 Jan 2015, 17:54

Edmond wrote:
flood wrote: 2. assuming these wide aspect ratios become more popular, eventually the monitors will cover such a large horizontal angle that it makes more sense to increase the immersiveness by adding vertical space rather than horizontal space.
Then they become very large 16:9 monitors again... do you see my problem here? It seems to me that you do not understand the deal with the 21:9 aspect ratio at all. I linked a video a few posts earlier that should help you see why everyone who has tried 21:9 for gaming will never try any other aspect ratio.

Also, why do you think people build 3 monitor setups horizontally?
not really a problem for anyone provided
1. you dont sit too much further away
2. you can increase fov in-game. if you cant then just run borderless windowed at some wide resolution.

Black Octagon

Post by Black Octagon » 05 Jan 2015, 18:10

I might be wrong, but it seems that no resolution has been specified for this monitor...if it is 2560x1080 then I am frankly not so impressed.

Edmond

Post by Edmond » 05 Jan 2015, 18:42

flood wrote: not really a problem for anyone provided
1. you dont sit too much further away
2. you can increase fov in-game. if you cant then just run borderless windowed at some wide resolution.
I find it bothersome that you talk as if there should be only one standard of aspect ratio.
Cant you agree that there always should ALSO be a 21:9 standard and you will never understand why some people choose it over any other?

But ok, you didnt even once try to get it, just remained arrogant. I feel like this was an incredible waste of time for me.