Really strange thing with motion on 240hz Benq Zowie in UFO Test

NEW for 2017: Discussion about the testufo.com Blur Busters Motion Tests. Widely used by enthusiasts, display tweakers, YouTubers reviewers, monitor manufacturers and VR headset makers!
kazushi_1337

Really strange thing with motion on 240hz Benq Zowie in UFO Test

Post by kazushi_1337 » 28 Aug 2023, 14:32

Hello guys!
I have Benq Zowie XL2540K monitor compared to RTX 3060ti GDDR6X Gigabyte Gaming OC and Gigabyte B660 Gaming AX mobo. When I change my refresh rate to 240hz UFO test showing image stutterings and ~220fps instead normal 240. I've done many things in system settings, installed Lasso Procces, changed Display Port cable to 1.4 standard, nothing helped. I will mark that the same monitor
compared to MSI GL65 Laptop with GTX1660ti running UFO test correct.
When rummaging in the gigabyte gaming center settings, I opened the view of available updates.I had was trying to install INF Update Utility Update with some issue (no no installation completion message). After that, when Availible Updates menu was still open
I checked UFO Test Utility, and I realized that ITS COMPLETELY PERFECT. But only when excactly this app menu is open. Guys I know that's strange, but it is a true. Any ideas?
Regards
KP

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Really strange thing with motion on 240hz Benq Zowie in UFO Test

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Aug 2023, 23:54

This is often a power management issue with laptops.

1. Use www.testufo.com/animation-time-graph

2. Turn off your gaming keyboard RGB animator

3. Use High Performance Mode, not Balanced/Battery Saver.

4. Use High Performance GPU (not intel GPU) either in NVCP or Windows Graphics Settings -> Graphics Performance Preference

5. Set minimum CPU% to 100% in Edit Power Plan -> Changed Advanced Performance Settings

6. Avoid Chrome full screen mode if your NVCP Global Settings is not configured to VSYNC ON
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!