lg service menu

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
mohamedshukry4444

lg service menu

Post by mohamedshukry4444 » 05 Jan 2024, 07:44

hello guys i just bought an lg 24gn65r-b monitor and went to the survice menu and these are the options if i change anything else it reverts to its defaults once i turn off the mointor or even if i closed the menu and opend it again also i tried to reset it with nvram nit in case i messed up wiht something but every thing is reset but not the 6500 ones idk why also if anyone knows which one should be the custom preset and is there anyway to reset it to factory defaults rather than nvram nit
one more question if found that the led current setting is related to monitors brightness but it is still at 41 no mater value i set in the normal osd menu but 100 on the survice menu is birghter than 100 on the normal osd so is there is a chance i missed something that made me unable to get the max brightness unless i did it from survice menu or its normal for it to be set to fixed value like this and cranking it up is just like and overclock for the brigthness level knowing that it goes up to 100 if i set motion blur reduction to on in the normal ods
+ if anyone have the same model if u are able to show me the default values on ur monitor ill rly appreciate it <3
Attachments
20b1899d-291f-4bee-bb34-3f8360647055.jpg
20b1899d-291f-4bee-bb34-3f8360647055.jpg (80.83 KiB) Viewed 2198 times

Falkentyne

Re: lg service menu

Post by Falkentyne » 05 Jan 2024, 18:14

This was extremely painful to read. Please check your spelling and at at least try to use proper punctuation.
Service menus are not designed to be used by end users. Complaining about "bugs" and things not working won't get you anywhere without contacting LG themselves (and, unless you get very lucky with someone in an extremely good mood, they will not disclose a single thing to you unless you are an authorized repair tech).

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Jan 2024, 23:18

Falkentyne wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 18:14
This was extremely painful to read. Please check your spelling and at at least try to use proper punctuation.
Hola!

I always love your writings about gaming monitors including BenQ and ViewSonic!

Apologies for anybody having difficulty reading posts made by people who aren't English-native speakers. We have 150+ countries visiting Blur Busters -- and more countries are now visiting. These people typically have to use a translator app...
...Try to bear with them and be patient!

Fortunately, here is an AI-based attempted rewrite of the OP's message:
AI Based Rewrite of Original Poster wrote:Hello everyone,

I recently purchased an LG 24GN65R-B monitor and accessed the service menu. I noticed that if I change any settings, they revert to their default values once I turn off the monitor or if I close and reopen the menu. I also attempted a reset using the NVRAM option in case I accidentally altered something, but it seems everything has reset except for the settings related to 6500k. I'm not sure why this is happening. Can anyone advise which option should be the custom preset? Also, is there a way to reset the monitor to its factory defaults, different from the NVRAM reset?

Additionally, I have a question regarding the LED current setting, which seems to be linked to the monitor's brightness. Despite changing the value in the normal OSD menu, it remains at 41. However, setting it to 100 in the service menu appears brighter than 100 in the normal OSD menu. Is it possible that I've missed something that prevents me from achieving maximum brightness unless I adjust it from the service menu? Is it normal for it to be set to a fixed value like this? Increasing it feels like overclocking the brightness level, especially since it goes up to 100 when I enable motion blur reduction in the normal OSD.

If anyone else has the same monitor model, could you share the default values of your monitor? I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
Also helpful tip for forum members:

Instructions on Using AI as a Broken English Translator App

The latest versions of most modern AI assistants (ChatGPT+, Google Bard, Grok, Bing Chat, Microsoft CoPilot etc) are now capable of translating things like Chinglish, Klingon, Africglish, Spanglish, LOLCAT, L33TSP3@K, TxtSpk, and other mangled English, to correct proper English, and I suggest forum members use their preferred favorite AI assistant to do an "English to English" retranslation. This brand new development makes it much easier to read broken-English posts.

We may laugh or derisively hate AIs sometimes when they make big-time errors, or they make my artist friend worry about job security (legit worry).

But the better-trained specimens are actually fantastic translators -- including English-to-English. They're pretty useful "Google Translate For Broken English Posts" today, as an excellent right-ethical-use-of-tool-for-right-job to better connect humankind together. I'm a classic Gen-X fan of that kind of tool use that connects humankind a bit better and more peacefully.

When asking an AI to rewrite broken English, use this prompt engineering:
AI Prompt Engineering To Use wrote:Hello, I am trying to read broken English from a forum, please rewrite in proper English and multiple paragraphs:

<Insert copy-and-pate of broken english>
For specific AIs that have configurable "personalities" or modes such as Creative/Fun/Precise/Blabbermouth/Rude/Whatever modes, click the most logical sounding mode (e.g. "Precise" or "Regular"). This turns them into (generally) fairly accurate English-to-English translators. You don't even need to inform the AI what "kind" of "broken english" it is, nearly all of the newest versions of the AI generally just figures out now.

Apologies for the international pain! 🌐 We welcome all nationalities to geek-out here (just avoid politics though).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Jan 2024, 23:22

mohamedshukry4444 wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 07:44
hello guys i just bought an lg 24gn65r-b monitor and went to the survice menu and these are the options if i change anything else it reverts to its defaults once i turn off the mointor or even if i closed the menu and opend it again also i tried to reset it with nvram nit in case i messed up wiht something but every thing is reset but not the 6500 ones idk why also if anyone knows which one should be the custom preset and is there anyway to reset it to factory defaults rather than nvram nit
one more question if found that the led current setting is related to monitors brightness but it is still at 41 no mater value i set in the normal osd menu but 100 on the survice menu is birghter than 100 on the normal osd so is there is a chance i missed something that made me unable to get the max brightness unless i did it from survice menu or its normal for it to be set to fixed value like this and cranking it up is just like and overclock for the brigthness level knowing that it goes up to 100 if i set motion blur reduction to on in the normal ods
+ if anyone have the same model if u are able to show me the default values on ur monitor ill rly appreciate it <3
I should note about service menus, they are risky (like overclocking) unless you know what you're doing, and you're armed with the proper reset information.

Welcome back, we love the tweaking in Service Menus sometimes, so occasionally posting here means somebody else knows settings (e.g. like ASUS TraceFree 120 or BenQ Overdrive Gain), so we allow posts from people asking about service menus, just in case other people have info. Obviously, LG service menu questions is less common than BenQ service menu questions (more forum members to share).

I can partially help though, I am familiar with some of these numbers generically:

MBR = Motion Blur Reduction

- MBR Position is "strobe pulse position", similar to Strobe Phase in Strobe Utility.
- MBR Range I am not sure, but I think it's possibly pulse width
- LED Current, DANGER, DO NOT MODIFY -- could damage. (over voltage / over current risk)
- OD Test, I think it's Overdrive Gain.
- The 6500/7500/9300 are the R/G/B gains for each color temperature preset. So next time you change color temp to 6500/7500/9300 in the main menus, they will use the modified numbers from Service. Relatively safe numbers to play with if you have a colorimeter (Spyder, i1) although the power cycle reset will probably ruin this. Best to simply use User Defined Color Temperature, but these numbers can be nice starting points (e.g. write down to save into your User Defined Color Temperature slot in the non-service menu).

Accessibility is not known, but it's possibly some accessibility related setting.

Settings that modify electric power to LEDs (settings similar in name to "LED Voltage", "LED Current", "ISET", etc) are pretty dangerous, and can burn out your LEDs faster than normal. I was able to set a 300nit monitor to 600nit once by modifying such as value, and I cannot recommend voiding your warranty.

I strongly recommend leaving these values untouched, unless you've got good reasons and a very clear surgical goal (like a motion blur reduction enthusiast, or a colorimeter videophile enthusiast). MBR Pos/Range/OD would be good for strobe-tuning an LG strobed panel, if you want to become a strobe tuning expert. But I would study up a lot before you attempt.

Remember, modifying dangerous settings in service menus (e.g. voltages) can be logged into the flash memory, so manufacturer knows that you accessed the menu, and can VOID your warranty. Proceed at your own risk!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

mohamedshukry4444

Post by mohamedshukry4444 » 07 Jan 2024, 16:04

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
06 Jan 2024, 23:22
mohamedshukry4444 wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 07:44
I should note about service menus, they are risky (like overclocking) unless you know what you're doing, and you're armed with the proper reset information.

Welcome back, we love the tweaking in Service Menus sometimes, so occasionally posting here means somebody else knows settings (e.g. like ASUS TraceFree 120 or BenQ Overdrive Gain), so we allow posts from people asking about service menus, just in case other people have info. Obviously, LG service menu questions is less common than BenQ service menu questions (more forum members to share).

I can partially help though, I am familiar with some of these numbers generically:

MBR = Motion Blur Reduction

- MBR Position is "strobe pulse position", similar to Strobe Phase in Strobe Utility.
- MBR Range I am not sure, but I think it's possibly pulse width
- LED Current, DANGER, DO NOT MODIFY -- could damage. (over voltage / over current risk)
- OD Test, I think it's Overdrive Gain.
- The 6500/7500/9300 are the R/G/B gains for each color temperature preset. So next time you change color temp to 6500/7500/9300 in the main menus, they will use the modified numbers from Service. Relatively safe numbers to play with if you have a colorimeter (Spyder, i1) although the power cycle reset will probably ruin this. Best to simply use User Defined Color Temperature, but these numbers can be nice starting points (e.g. write down to save into your User Defined Color Temperature slot in the non-service menu).

Accessibility is not known, but it's possibly some accessibility related setting.

Settings that modify electric power to LEDs (settings similar in name to "LED Voltage", "LED Current", "ISET", etc) are pretty dangerous, and can burn out your LEDs faster than normal. I was able to set a 300nit monitor to 600nit once by modifying such as value, and I cannot recommend voiding your warranty.

I strongly recommend leaving these values untouched, unless you've got good reasons and a very clear surgical goal (like a motion blur reduction enthusiast, or a colorimeter videophile enthusiast). MBR Pos/Range/OD would be good for strobe-tuning an LG strobed panel, if you want to become a strobe tuning expert. But I would study up a lot before you attempt.

Remember, modifying dangerous settings in service menus (e.g. voltages) can be logged into the flash memory, so manufacturer knows that you accessed the menu, and can VOID your warranty. Proceed at your own risk!
thx so much for ur replay ill rly appreciate if u can help me with this i found ppl with same monitor as mine but the panel name in the srevice menu can differ it can be changed tho between the 2 but when when i do a "nvram init " reset it goes back to one it came with so is this noraml cuz its same monitor model but theirs gets a brighter cuz its led current is 65 rather than 41 at mine so is it sure that im on the right panel since that is what resetting service menu goes to ?

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 07 Jan 2024, 17:54

NVRam init is "usually" the same thing as the factory reset option in the OSD. But...Best not to touch this. Certain pre-programmed defaults may be lost.

mohamedshukry4444

Post by mohamedshukry4444 » 08 Jan 2024, 02:55

Falkentyne wrote:
07 Jan 2024, 17:54
NVRam init is "usually" the same thing as the factory reset option in the OSD. But...Best not to touch this. Certain pre-programmed defaults may be lost.
like what cuz i already did it and the only things that lost is the rgb balance values at least from what i see in the service menu tho i did set them back to the defaults manually but the 6500 ones dont get saved they revert to 255 if i unplug the monitor for like 8 hours while sleeping