Really need help to choose my new gaming monitor

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Geralt_GDL

Really need help to choose my new gaming monitor

Post by Geralt_GDL » 01 May 2024, 05:35

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum but I'm so happy to have found you! :D :D :D
I really need help choosing my new gaming monitor.

I've been trying for a month now to get informed and understand all the new features out there, but in the end I can never come up with which monitor would really be right for me.

Keep in mind that I am still using a monitor I bought 13 years ago, a 27" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor, the Yamakasi qatleap q270 se.
I deeply love this monitor, it has given me great satisfaction, and even now its colours, contrast and definition for me are beautiful...
But with an i9 14900kf and a 3080ti I want to finally take a leap into the present, see finally those FPS go higher than 60, and possibly buy a monitor that will last me over time.

I don't care specifically whether a panel is oled or IPS, what I do care about is the final image quality. For example I've read that oleds don't display text well, but I'm also interested in that clearly.
But if that's not the case then correct me.
I read that in IPS the mini LEDs mean that there is less bleeding, but I cannot easily find mini LED models coming with all the features I'd need.
Then technologies such as ELMB or DY-as I don't know if they really serve a purpose or are marketing gimmicks, but please let me understand that too.

But let me directly link you a comparison of 4 monitors I was aiming for, all roughly in the same price range.

LG 27GR95QE
LG 27GS95QE
Asus ROG Strix XG27AQMR
MSI Optix MPG321QRF-QD

But if you have other recommendations in mind please let me know.

Thank you very much for all the answers you will give me... I hope to come to a good point at the end of this comparison, and finally choose my new monitor! :D

Lev1n

Re: Really need help to choose my new gaming monitor

Post by Lev1n » 03 May 2024, 02:04

What games you are playing?