Low-persistence OLED in latest Oculus Rift prototype

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Low-persistence OLED in latest Oculus Rift prototype

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Jan 2014, 16:47

Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Black Octagon

Re: Low-persistence OLED in latest Oculus Rift prototype

Post by Black Octagon » 07 Jan 2014, 16:54

Do like!

Sent from my tablet

SisterBob

Post by SisterBob » 07 Jan 2014, 17:21

Ah you beat me to it! I'm liking this very much, though I have little interest in the Oculus Rift itself.

Vega

Post by Vega » 09 Jan 2014, 11:20

Now just make it greater than 1080P and I will buy one.

Samhain

Post by Samhain » 09 Jan 2014, 15:48

Does Oculus have plans to add variable refresh rate (FreeSync or G-SYNC) to the Rift??

sharknice

Post by sharknice » 09 Jan 2014, 19:48

Samhain wrote:Does Oculus have plans to add variable refresh rate (FreeSync or G-SYNC) to the Rift??
I haven't heard anything official, but judging from how Carmack talked about combining G-SYNC and low persistence at the NVIDIA conference I have a feeling that is their end goal.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Jan 2014, 20:13

sharknice wrote:
Samhain wrote:Does Oculus have plans to add variable refresh rate (FreeSync or G-SYNC) to the Rift??
I haven't heard anything official, but judging from how Carmack talked about combining G-SYNC and low persistence at the NVIDIA conference I have a feeling that is their end goal.
I agree.

Both Oculus and John Carmack were inspirations to Blur Busters, and I was in touch with Palmer Luckey in late 2012. Palmer Luckey got passworded access to TestUFO six months before I publicly launched TestUFO, and more than a year ago, long before John Carmack, I told Oculus all about the benefits of low persistence displays. They recognized this more than a year ago, and look at where they are now.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Samhain

Post by Samhain » 09 Jan 2014, 21:46

Well lets hope Palmer and John create accounts here! :D

Neo

Post by Neo » 10 Jan 2014, 10:11

Their rumored price point(s) are craaazy. I hope they offer a deluxe system with the most expensive display they can source. I'd easily pay $1000+ for it on day one.