Benq XL2430T Settings

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
broodro0ster

Re: Benq XL2430T Settings

Post by broodro0ster » 13 Jan 2016, 09:27

sevenflow wrote:Hello!

I just made an account to post this.
A lot of this has helped me achieve a much better display performance and I feel like I just want to add a few things as a thanks:

- Keep Color Vibrance at 10
use software if you need vibrance, the built-in function ruins your blacks which nvidias doesnt.
Download DisplayPilot, update it through the software, reboot and let it install it's driver
This step is absolutely essential, my bright colors would all blend, my hotbars in FFXIV looked smudged because the color definition in bright colors was terrible before this driver update.
How did you install the driver?
I downloaded DisplayPilot via the update (2.22), but I don't see how I can install the driver.
I hope to get better colors since the standard profile looks much worse than my old LG W2261V monitor.

And I'm also using 100hz for my Windows desktop since that looks less washed out than 144hz. For CS:GO 144hz is best. With 100 and 120hz I still see some tearing when making a fast move.

broodro0ster

Post by broodro0ster » 15 Jan 2016, 03:27

FYI, I bought my XL2430T 1 week ago and I came with firmware version V5.

I tried the Black Equalizer on settings 10 and flashed myself in CS:GO and I don't anything flickering, so I guess this bug is fixed in V5 of the firmware.

Watchmaker

Post by Watchmaker » 19 Jan 2016, 10:50

Hello. I run through some info on this forum about monitor settings and would like to ask some questions about my config. I have Benq XL2430T firmware 004 currently configured like this:
120HZ
ICC Profile for xl2420z
VT 1500
Single Strobe on

blur on
intensity 21
area 0
black eq 0
color vibrance 10
low blue light 0
instant mode on
auto game mod off
brightness 80
contrast 30
sharpness 5
gamma 5
colors 93 100 97
ama high (turned on before blur reduction)

My questions:
1 Does ICC Profile will be used by all games?
2 Does Digital Vibrance, brightness and contrast set in graphic card option panel will be used by all games?
3 Area set to 0 produce noticeable crossover in top row of ufos in front of them and a little crossover in second row. On the bottom row crossover is barely visible. Is this good setting?
4 More Intensity means less blur but higher lag? So how much on 21?
5 Why on Movie and Standard profiles my screen is shaking and tearing to pieces when Instant Mode is off?
6 What are benefits of VT other then increased brightness and do I need nvidia pixel patcher if pixel MHz=374,4 on Nvidia970 and DVI cable?
7 Ufo test (alien invasion) shows a little ghosting on entire screen. What can I do about it?
8 Having VT 1500 at 120hz on 1920x1080 what should I do if I want to play more hardware demanding game and I am forced to lower resolution just to get for example 60FPS? Should I just change resolution to lower in 60Hz in game options and everything will be ok?
9 What about watching movies? Motion Blur Reduction or any other options should be changed for this?
10 Does VT Tweak can shorten lifespan of monitor?

I know it is a lot of questions and my English is far from perfect but those questions really bugs me

OOPUZ

Post by OOPUZ » 09 Feb 2016, 16:42

Hello,

second time visiting the forum and hoping for answers to get the blur reduction working properly :)

What I've done:
Enabled single strobe
using the VT1500 tweak and using 120hz
enabled blur reduction with intensity 24 and area 48

Questions that I have regarding the subject:

1) Correct me if I'm wrong but I've understood that higher the area and intensity are, the less input lag there is for the cost of brightness am I right?
2) Do I need to run my game (CS:GO) at framerate matching the 120hz, or can I set it for example to 300? I feel like the game "lags" on 120fps and creates tearing every now and then.
3) In UFO test I'm getting some amounts of what I assume is ghosting, little gray outlines tracing the UFO's on these settings, is it normal or should there not be any ghosting at all? The gray outlines get smaller when I lower the speed of the UFO's. The gray lines are a bit less visible in the middle of the screen and easier to see on the top and the bottom of it. What to do?
4) Last one, I play with 1024x768 streched to full screen in-game, but it is noticeably darker than my desktop and when I run my game on 1080p so I feel like the blur reduction is not working. I have set Nvidia control panel to scale full screen with GPU and override application settings, is there a way to know for sure is the blur reduction on now that the 2430T does not "show" it in OSD like the Z series? :s

Thanks for your answers in advance :)

CybeRFernandes

Post by CybeRFernandes » 25 Feb 2016, 09:17

Hey there,

Just like to share with you guys my current situation in wich concerns to my BenQ XL2430T. 3 months ago i started noticing a backlight bleed, starting from the bottom of the screen, all the way up and it just stood there even when i turned off the monitor. The only way to get rid of the britghness was to remove the AC Cord.

Contacted BenQ Portugal, ETA (in the store where i bought it from) was 30 days, decided to use Benq services since they'd pick it up themselves, 1 week later they were at my front door delivering a brand new XL2430T, simple as that. This just came in with 0min in the service menu and with firmware version 6, i'm assuming this one is not a refurbished unit. I'm very happy with Benq's customer service, they've repplied to all my emails, pick and delivery was smooth and fast.

Thumbs up to BenQ!

DowNFaLLn00b

Post by DowNFaLLn00b » 25 Apr 2016, 20:52

Ok so I am new to having a 144 or even 120Hz monitor at that. I can not find good settings on this monitor. I play League of Legends and the colors are very odd. I would prefer to play on 144Hz but if 120Hz is better like it seems like how do I do this VT1500 tweak?

CybeRFernandes

Post by CybeRFernandes » 26 Apr 2016, 07:58

DowNFaLLn00b wrote:Ok so I am new to having a 144 or even 120Hz monitor at that. I can not find good settings on this monitor. I play League of Legends and the colors are very odd. I would prefer to play on 144Hz but if 120Hz is better like it seems like how do I do this VT1500 tweak?
Mate, just do a quick google or even youtube search, there are a bunch of tutorials out there.

mightystorm

Post by mightystorm » 10 Aug 2016, 01:10

Hello,

First off, a little bashing for the "premium" XL2430T : this monitor is a joke when it comes to color reproduction. Plus it is buggy as hell:
1. You have a Gamma setting which is messed up by any change in Color Vibrance or Black Equalizer
2. Color Vibrance = 10 gives you washed up colors, Color Vibrance > 10 clips whites and Color Vibrance < 10 clips blacks
3. Any modification in Black Equalizer changes the blacks to gray and it gives you a washed-up image
All in all, considering the price tag, this monitor is just a bad investment. From a color accuracy point of view, it is only recommended for people who anyway set their image that is almost black/white/gray and are interested only in fast movement / response. All other cheaper monitors that I had were able to display much more accurate colors. So in the future I will avoid Benq "gaming" monitors like the plague.

So, for all those who have the "pleasure" of owning this shitty monitor and are regretting their decision, there is still hope. The settings below will help you obtain a decent quality image (better than average). I use them with resolution 1920x1080@120Hz.
1. Reset your settings to default and set Picture Mode to Standard
2. Black Equalizer should be 0, Color Vibrance should be 10 and Sharpness = 5
3. Brightness = 35
4. Contrast = 49
5. Gamma = 4
6. Color temperature (User Define) = R 93 G 87 B 89
7. (optional): You can use one of the attached ICM profiles:
a. Benq calibrated DispCal G4 2.2.icm - focused on providing a gamma of 2.2. I currently use it.
b. Benq calibrated DispCal G4 L.icm - color calibration using L* method. It is brighter than the previous profile, but also more washed-up
Attachments
Benq Profiles.zip
Benq ICM profiles
(20.56 KiB) Downloaded 350 times

Erecshyrinol

Post by Erecshyrinol » 11 Aug 2016, 15:18

mightystorm wrote:Hello,

First off, a little bashing for the "premium" XL2430T : this monitor is a joke when it comes to color reproduction. Plus it is buggy as hell:
1. You have a Gamma setting which is messed up by any change in Color Vibrance or Black Equalizer
2. Color Vibrance = 10 gives you washed up colors, Color Vibrance > 10 clips whites and Color Vibrance < 10 clips blacks
3. Any modification in Black Equalizer changes the blacks to gray and it gives you a washed-up image
All in all, considering the price tag, this monitor is just a bad investment. From a color accuracy point of view, it is only recommended for people who anyway set their image that is almost black/white/gray and are interested only in fast movement / response. All other cheaper monitors that I had were able to display much more accurate colors. So in the future I will avoid Benq "gaming" monitors like the plague.

So, for all those who have the "pleasure" of owning this shitty monitor and are regretting their decision, there is still hope. The settings below will help you obtain a decent quality image (better than average). I use them with resolution 1920x1080@120Hz.
1. Reset your settings to default and set Picture Mode to Standard
2. Black Equalizer should be 0, Color Vibrance should be 10 and Sharpness = 5
3. Brightness = 35
4. Contrast = 49
5. Gamma = 4
6. Color temperature (User Define) = R 93 G 87 B 89
7. (optional): You can use one of the attached ICM profiles:
a. Benq calibrated DispCal G4 2.2.icm - focused on providing a gamma of 2.2. I currently use it.
b. Benq calibrated DispCal G4 L.icm - color calibration using L* method. It is brighter than the previous profile, but also more washed-up
Detailed settings like these are somewhat useless because every individual unit differs. They can be a rough guideline though.

lucaslittermentz

Post by lucaslittermentz » 12 Aug 2016, 14:08

Hello all, I've been sneaking around the forum silently for more than a year. Not anymore.
I'd like to introduce myself. Hi.

I've asked on the BenQ public forums about the S-Switch profiles being buggy and not saving your preset, instead using one of the FPS/MOBA profiles and I got an official answer:
http://support.benq.us/customer/portal/ ... n-xl243-t-

I then proceeded to ask which is the FW version, but that question still awaits moderator approval.

Is there anyone in the forum that got a XL2430T with a FW vesion superior to V006?

As for color reproduction, I'm impressed on how good my unit performs.
It is still a lot behind any good IPS but I can more than perfectly say that this monitor is much better than your average TN.
Every single shade of black/gray is distinguishible on a well adjusted Standard profile.