upgrade Displays sugestion and info

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Samsheperd

upgrade Displays sugestion and info

Post by Samsheperd » 22 Nov 2015, 10:56

hello all im new on this forum :) :)
im curently looking to upgrade my monitor (lg Flatron W2361V 23") (60hz)
that monitor was perfect at the time i use it to game on my Ps3 but for pc gaming i know it is not the best lol (i think i have it for more than 5 years)

i im looking for a 120-144hz monitor 24"-27" 1080p g-sync?
i play lots of different game: fps like battlefield 3/4 COD, Rpg fps fallout 3/4 borderland S.T.A.L.K.E.R, RpG skyrim The Witcher 1/2/3 mount and blade ect
action like assassin creed series (all of them) and Rts (company of heroes...) and many more...(also mmorpg) (mostly have 300 game on steam alone and more non-steam version)
so i look for a monitor that is good to play different kind of game... im not the kind to douwngrade graphic to get the most framerate on a game... i like a balance of both if possible but im not unrealist (like looking to play assassin creed unity or the witcher 3 in 4k at 120 fps all on ultra setting lol)

i also pass a lot of time on my pc out of gaming (music production watching movies... web surfing...)
so im looking for a good investement
my pc spec:
fx-8370 4.3ghz oc
ram 32gb 1866mhz
nvidia gtx 770 oc 4gb (msi) no sli*
1 ssd gtx neutron for win 7
2 hdd 4tb for game and music software
1hdd 2tb for important backup and music video data location

my budjet ~500 can$ (i live in canada quebec so sometime a 200$us monitor in us will be like 500$ and more in canada Qc so keep this in mind lol)

thank for any help and sugestion
im use to build pc but im really not up to date about monitor knowkledge :lol:

* i plan that the next time i upgrade my gpu it will be a much higher grade card like a titan or gtx 980 (or equivalent at that time)