BenQ Xl2430T Horizontal Line

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
GioXmen

BenQ Xl2430T Horizontal Line

Post by GioXmen » 16 Jan 2016, 18:55

Hello,

I have recently noticed a Horizontal line on my benq xl2430t.The line is brighter than the rest of my monitor.The line is not very noticeable until I watched a movie with a grey scene where I noticed it and now I just can't stop seeing it.Once you notice something like this it just won't go away...

Firmware version - V001

What I have tried:
Pushing,applying pressure, giving it a small tap.
Unplugging the DVI cable from my PC and it was still on the benq boot-up logo.
I have the latest display pilot installed (2.22) - not fixed.

I will try:
Install the latest NVIDIA drivers. - - - Did not work.
Rebooting my computer after completely draining all of the power from the monitor. - - - Did not work.

Is there any way to fix this or do I have to ask for a replacement since I got this last Christmas(2014) and it has a 36 month warranty.

Falkentyne

Re: BenQ Xl2430T Horizontal Line

Post by Falkentyne » 16 Jan 2016, 20:08

Looks like the boundary where your browser turns from white to BLACK (not blank, typo) along a window pane.
That's pixel persistence burn-in (not true burn-in though). You can remove that by having a pure white screen to reverse the polarity of it for a few days.
Unlike burn in of CRT's or OLED's, this isn't permanent. LCD's don't get burn in, although it looks similar. It's pixel persistence caused by voltages being frozen at a certain state, but it's reversible (although it can take a long time!)

Try http://www.jads.co.uk/screen-repair/jscreenfix-deluxe.

To avoid problems like that in the future, don't leave a browser window or a static high contrast boundary effect on your computer without a screen saver running, or leave your monitor on at night, with a browser window open on it.
Last edited by Falkentyne on 17 Jan 2016, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

GioXmen

Post by GioXmen » 17 Jan 2016, 14:56

Ok I will try to fix this and see what happens,thank you!

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 17 Jan 2016, 19:34

I meant black earlier, not blank.

Someone where said that the natural color of a LCD panel is *white*, not black, and that you add voltages to a panel to make an image black, not turn down the brightness (backlight). This is of course different than CRTs or OLED's. That's why doing a pure white burn to fix pixel persistence "burn in" on a LCD works amazingly well. I think the jscreenfix deluxe page says pure white burn was recommended by Apple.