xl2411t replacement

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Mouzuone

xl2411t replacement

Post by Mouzuone » 29 Jan 2014, 11:22

Hey guys,

once I heard that the new z-gen is about to come out, I instantly sold my BenQ XL2411t, just before prices will start to drop heavily.
The only game I play is Wolfenstein ET at 125fps, so I am looking forward to the fluently increasable Hz feature and the .5ms strobes of the new generation. Are features like "black equalizer" gonna work with strobelight on?
Yet, I'm not sure whether to go for another BenQ -the 11z or 2720z (I would not mind having 27") - or another brand. What would you recommend? Unfortunately, I read in the forums that the new feature is still buggy. And what exactly was that with lowering your Hz to 119 when playing at 120fps. Would I have to use 124Hz in my case?
Hope you can help me out here.

Best regards

lol37

Re: xl2411t replacement

Post by lol37 » 29 Jan 2014, 12:10

Hello and welcome there !
0.5ms strobe length will be so dim that you'll need to play with dark-accommoded eyes, 1ms is a more practical goal (only 500µs motion blur difference).
you could boost on the voltage supply but it will void your warranty (and shorten your backlight lifespan)
black equalizer is basically a gamma adjustement so yeah it will works well
you mismatched fps and hz, and this trick is found on other valve based game, if your game is well coded, max fps has to be = to your actual hz.
about the strobing bug, it will be fixed in upcoming shipment of Z series (excluding XL2720Z), so dont worry for your particular model
wait for Mark for more precise answer (i don't say i'm all right)

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: xl2411t replacement

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 29 Jan 2014, 12:44

Mouzuone wrote:And what exactly was that with lowering your Hz to 119 when playing at 120fps. Would I have to use 124Hz in my case?
Not necessarily. The use of frame rate caps slightly below refresh rate is only applicable to certain games, for two major reasons:
(1) Sometimes it decreases input lag, not always.
(2) It can solve the stationary VSYNC OFF tearline issue.
Frame capping matching refresh rate during VSYNC OFF causes a "stationary tearline" issue, which is why "slightly-off"

If neither of the above applies to you.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!