BenQ XL2411Z eye strain/headaches

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
TheCipher

BenQ XL2411Z eye strain/headaches

Post by TheCipher » 10 Mar 2016, 17:16

Hi,

I recently bought a refurb'ed Asus VG248QE, over all I liked it but it had a dead pixel so I returned it.

I then decided to get a BenQ XL2411Z because I read that it was better and had better featured including stuff to prevent eye strain. (Asus didn't give me any problems with eye strain, go figure)However in the week an a half I've had this I'm getting nothing but eye strain. I use it just for gaming , maybe 2 hours at night. I don't feel it too much as I'm playing, but when I wake up the next day my eyes are noticeably sore. Today my eyes and head are killing me, its effecting my eye sight a bit.

I really just want to return it and re-buy a NEW Asus VG248QE, but I hate being stuck with a restock fee and shipping. Overall I like the BenQ better, I find the color and quality much better. But not worth losing my eye sight over.

Anyway, I have tried a few different settings already, but it doesn't seem to help. I've had the low blue light option turned up high, with blur reduction on.... and I've tried turned everything off, seems to be worse. I've had it in standard mode with the brightness turned way down when blur reduction is off. 20 or so. (with blur reduction on the screen is a bit dark anyway)

I'm not sure if there anything else I can try? But before I return this I thought maybe someone might have a similar experience and might have an idea?

Thanks
Jim

Edgarchik

Re: BenQ XL2411Z eye strain/headaches

Post by Edgarchik » 23 Mar 2016, 14:42

Try turn off blur reduction? adjust brighness

HOLECHIEN87

Re: BenQ XL2411Z eye strain/headaches

Post by HOLECHIEN87 » 09 Jul 2017, 04:13

I have it since two days and yeah it's a bit like "bright".

I didn't noticed any problems, i never had a 24" monitor before (always laptop-2K good colors) and for me it's just that a big monitor in front of you'r eyes is just bad!

Anyway, maybe other are better i can't compare. The solution is to simply reduce brightness to minimum, and adding motion blur on will dark the screen ever more. For me it's not an option because with that setting i don't feel play games (somehow i notice less better the ennemies in fps game!).

I saw few people saying like you but most people that had a problem just reduced the brigtness and settings i think :)

anyway this monitor is bad for colors that is for sure. you may be able to reproduce some good colors at a point, but will not be good for gaming i think.

anybody buying this monitor for an other purpose than gaming is making a mistake.