My Import HKC x3 23.5" PVA 144hz is here

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
garryanderson

Re: My Import HKC x3 23.5" PVA 144hz is here

Post by garryanderson » 10 Jul 2016, 02:20

I am using GTX 970, and that banding doesn't happen on the second monitor... with the other monitor I use HDMI (GPU) -> VGA (Monitor). With this it's using pure DP. I read someone said something from Taobao that they said they said the monitor is not good for movies, because of bad 色差 (color difference) (chromatic aberration) (I'm guessing color gradience or something like that) so I gave up tinkering around. Maybe it's somewhere in the monitor, the settings are? I guess it's 6bit but somehow the dithering/fpc doesn't turn on so I get that crappy gradient. I don't really mind the banding anymore though ;) but ofc it would be a blessing if it can be fixed! I played with the neck as you suggested before. I feel kinda stupid for not figuring it out myself, lol. Thanks anyway!
And what I figured out is, in games with black backgrounds like the game I play (I turn off the BG) I can go and to turn on DCR... and holy crap blacks are truly black like there's no tommorow. Other colors become too colourish though, but the distinction from the black colors are phenomenal, so sometimes I turn it on... lol :D
It was 929 yuan for me, in promotional days it could go to 899 yuan, but my friend wanted to buy my monitor ASAP, so I ordered them right away. but I got some bonus like Xiaomi electric hub + USB (the price should be around 49Yuan I think), along with other cheapo stuffs like free KB mouse, DVI and DP cable, and 3.5mm audio cables.