Benq RL2455HM burn in mode

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Irishtrekker

Benq RL2455HM burn in mode

Post by Irishtrekker » 08 Oct 2016, 13:18

Got a refurbished RL2455HM yesterday, Plugged it into the laptop and everything is looking great.
Then I go off to eat and when I come back, it was stuck cycling through a bunch of solid colours and test patterns.
so it seems to be stuck in some factory burn-in or calibration mode, the menu buttons on the side are not doing anything and i tried plugging it out from the mains for 20 sec but no luck.
Anybody know what button I need to hold down and for how long to get the monitor out of this burn in mode ?

Falkentyne

Re: Benq RL2455HM burn in mode

Post by Falkentyne » 08 Oct 2016, 13:32

Shouldn't the monitor say "Press Menu + Exit for burn In Off" while in burnin mode?

if not, you can enter burn in mode, by powering off (DO NOT unplug or it wont work unless its power cycled WITH the power plugged in), hold button #3 and #4, press power on and keep holding button 3 and 4.

Button 5 should enter burn in mode after that, or button 4, then you can turn "burn in" option to off.

Irishtrekker

Re: Benq RL2455HM burn in mode

Post by Irishtrekker » 08 Oct 2016, 13:55

maybe i have to rma it ,

like i said it did not turn burn in mode on , it just was on when i came back , so its cycling through all the solid colours and checker board pattern, but none of the menu buttons are doing anything. After a while the power button will go orange

tried holding down different buttons but nothing happens. it will turn on with 3 and 4 held down , but after the pattern starts pressing 4 or 5 wont do anything