BenQ XL2730Z blurry text

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Skiiney

BenQ XL2730Z blurry text

Post by Skiiney » 01 Nov 2016, 16:41

Hay ,

so I've bought this glorious monitor a while back, like 1-2 Month ( ? ) and since then I didn't had any problems with it, well today I've encountered the first one. The right side of the panel is blurry. Can I RMA this? Since it still has it's 2 year warranty.

Gonna upload tomorrow some pictures of it, cuz I've got here bad light and its hard to capture it with my camera.

Edit: I've forgot to mention that, well I've played CS:GO and I think already Ingame that the net_graph Overlay was blurry and when I quit the game that Windows set my monitor to 60hz from 144hz.

Falkentyne

Re: BenQ XL2730Z blurry text

Post by Falkentyne » 01 Nov 2016, 17:39

Typical defect with this panel that is also used in the Asus ROG Swift PG278Q, even though the AUO part number is different.

If you cannot unplug the monitor from the wall, wait 10 minutes, plug it back in after, OR, do a "factory reset" by enabling "ClearUser" in the factory menu and THEN unplug the monitor for 10min (please check the sticky), then you must RMA the panel. The panel itself is bad, not the scaler or firmware.

Skiiney

Re: BenQ XL2730Z blurry text

Post by Skiiney » 02 Nov 2016, 05:58

Falkentyne wrote:Typical defect with this panel that is also used in the Asus ROG Swift PG278Q, even though the AUO part number is different.

If you cannot unplug the monitor from the wall, wait 10 minutes, plug it back in after, OR, do a "factory reset" by enabling "ClearUser" in the factory menu and THEN unplug the monitor for 10min (please check the sticky), then you must RMA the panel. The panel itself is bad, not the scaler or firmware.
Hay, thanks for the post - sadly it didnt helped for me. meeh well i need to RMA it asap. well ive noticed that ive got the old firmware O_o isnt v002 the old one?

ah it now starts to flicker on the right side of the panel :D

Edit: Suddenly its all sharp, but it flickers randomly. w#f ? :D very funny tho.