Best monitor so far even if 1080p

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Q83Ia7ta

Re: Best monitor so far even if 1080p

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 02 Feb 2017, 17:45

144Hz for matching movies... May be better try before by?

petchorin

Post by petchorin » 03 Feb 2017, 22:45

Finally this morning I could find an almost new VG248QE for only 130 euros including the transport cost! So it's pretty cool. It means I can still buy later a 27" monitor that will be more balanced between picture smoothness and colour accuracy, without killing my purse ;)

Do you know if you can "strobe" or insert black frames in sony vegas to render a 60 fps video? That would be cool also. :mrgreen:

petchorin

Post by petchorin » 12 Mar 2017, 21:53

Hi folks!
Just a little update.
You were right, the VG248QE was not a good solution at all. I finally bought a good old CRT monitor, the Iiyama Vision Master Pro 514. It's kind of the perfect solution with its 2048x1536 resolution at 85 hz and it's 20" image size. Picture isn't so big (though big enough). The fact that it's not that big is actually a good thing, artefacts or video defects (if any) don't make me sick. I don't see any flicker, the monitor is old so it has difficulties to show a clear text everywhere on the screen, but It don't care as I use it for movies :geek: I really have a clean image on movies. Monitor itself weights a ton though :mrgreen:
Last edited by petchorin on 12 Mar 2017, 23:28, edited 1 time in total.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 12 Mar 2017, 23:17

petchorin wrote:Hi folks!
Just a little update.
You were right, the VG248QE was not a good solution at all. I finally bought a good old CRT monitor, the Iiyama Vision Master Pro 514. It's kind of the perfect solution with its 2048x1536 resolution at 85 hz and it's 20" image size. Picture isn't so big (though big enough). The fact that it's not that big is actually a good thing, artefacts or image defects (if any) don't make me sick. I don't see any flicker, the monitor is old so it has difficulties to show a clear text everywhere on the screen, but It don't care as I use it for movies :geek: I really have a clean image on movies. Monitor itself weights a ton though :mrgreen:
Yes, CRT still has a lots of pros for many experiences, especially contrast ratios during good 'ol movies!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

petchorin

Post by petchorin » 12 Mar 2017, 23:44

Indeed Chief, Contrasts are better than on my Ips monitor, and artefacts, ghosting etc are gone. the quality is so good that I get the feeling that the movie is accelerated while it's not. Just a little issue with colours, the image on the crt had greenish blacks, OSD settings didn't help, I could however ajust the balance of colors in the amd software. The result is nice and accurate enough. So many american movies are shot in the dark. I was watching the man in the high castle, so hard to see anything with my ips monitor, but with the crt it became watchable, you can see more details.