The XL2540 - worth it?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
demannu

Re: The XL2540 - worth it?

Post by demannu » 26 Feb 2017, 17:47

Falkentyne wrote:Why don't some of us chip in and get Chief an XL2735 and XL2540 to play with? Then maybe that will help Benq release some firmware for it too. I'd chip in $50.
how about a petition to get benq to send him some review samples instead? id be surprised they turned it down considering how much traffic this site gets..

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 26 Feb 2017, 20:39

I'm all for that. Did you ask Chief?

b0t

Post by b0t » 27 Feb 2017, 02:03

Why wont someone who already HAS this monitor test it? Like Q83la7ta for example

demannu

Post by demannu » 27 Feb 2017, 03:54

I dont understand it all enough so would need to be walked through it to give you the answers you're looking for..

recommendation:GET IT!

Im a quake player and this monitor is absolutely bloody amazing in it.. i've also loaded up CS:GO and again.. bloody amazing.. so.. soo smoooth.. the response and and input lag are so slow its mind blowing

if you get this monitor, be prepared to adjust to a new sensitivity... its that smooth my old sens needed to be halved !

I need to figure out these radeon cards however.. first one i've ever owned (rx480 nitro) and im getting fps drops in both quake live and cs:go.. heck an old gtx570 use to run both these games at max settings and get max fps 250 in quake and 300 in cs:go.. it is now however jumping all over the show which is a bit of a disappointment.. I know its a cheap card but was sure it should have been able to run the only two games I play at least at the same performance :/

Trip

Post by Trip » 27 Feb 2017, 09:17

demannu wrote:I dont understand it all enough so would need to be walked through it to give you the answers you're looking for..

Im a quake player and this monitor is absolutely bloody amazing in it.. i've also loaded up CS:GO and again.. bloody amazing.. so.. soo smoooth.. the response and and input lag are so slow its mind blowing

if you get this monitor, be prepared to adjust to a new sensitivity... its that smooth my old sens needed to be halved !

I need to figure out these radeon cards however.. first one i've ever owned (rx480 nitro) and im getting fps drops in both quake live and cs:go.. heck an old gtx570 use to run both these games at max settings and get max fps 250 in quake and 300 in cs:go.. it is now however jumping all over the show which is a bit of a disappointment.. I know its a cheap card but was sure it should have been able to run the only two games I play at least at the same performance :/
This guy gets it :). Btw maybe your card is toggling back and forth between 2d/3d mode and you therefore have bad performance. You should get really high fps in quake and cs that card can easily do that. Get some oc program (msi afterburner is pretty good) to check if the card is not used a lot and if its applying 2d clocks. If it is then you can try and enforce 3d clocks the whole time. So its not toggling back and forth between the two modes. I had this issue with cod4 could be you have the same problem in cs or quake.

b0t

Post by b0t » 27 Feb 2017, 11:58

demannu wrote:I dont understand it all enough so would need to be walked through it to give you the answers you're looking for..

I'll probably be getting it by mid March.. how do u like the strobing at 240/180hz? what VT values do u use on both rates? Ive read that on 180strobed u can vt to a pretty high value and it looks amazing .. what about this "OD gain" ? thats the only thing Im COMPLETELY UNFAMILIAR with actually. and last but not least, general calibration - settings, rgb values and such ? Id be happy if u share ur XL2450 settings here.

I really really hope these issues you and Silent Rider are describing are only some bug on the Radeon series, even Strobemaster stated that he didn't have any problems when he had an NVIDIA card (I've got one too..)

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 27 Feb 2017, 13:14

Falkentyne wrote:Why don't some of us chip in and get Chief an XL2735 and XL2540 to play with? Then maybe that will help Benq release some firmware for it too. I'd chip in $50.
Gestures like this is appreciated, but hold off on this a bit.

For March 2017: We're actually hard at work on a brand new Blur Busters web design (with help) -- plus a series of new articles -- and it's already being beta tested. Parts of the Blur Busters website has become stale during 2016, as this is only a part-time side job/hobby for me (at this time) -- and outside things affected this during 2015-2016, slowing Blur Busters activity down! The new website will finally modernize the outdated website design to a new, modern, responsive Blur Busters web design (that's also mobile-friendly). Once this is done, with a fresher website and content, we'll approach monitor manufacturers for review units again.

That said, DO go ahead and contact your favourite monitor manufacturer reps that you want them to send monitors to Blur Busters!

Once we've launched the new website.... we will indeed be quickly procuring an XL2540 by end of springtime whichever way (buy outright, borrow, beg, etc!) regardless. That said, if anyone already has a spare XL2540 lying around right now as a 30-day loaner (basic tests) or 60-day loaner (more extensive tests), that will speed things up -- I now have a reviewer available who can do everything including pursuit camera tests of Blur Busters fame -- contact squad[at]blurbusters.com.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

b0t

Post by b0t » 28 Feb 2017, 11:21

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
Gestures like this is appreciated, but hold off on this a bit.

For March 2017: We're actually hard at work on a brand new Blur Busters web design (with help) -- plus a series of new articles -- and it's already being beta tested. Parts of the Blur Busters website has become stale during 2016, as this is only a part-time side job/hobby for me (at this time) -- and outside things affected this during 2015-2016, slowing Blur Busters activity down! The new website will finally modernize the outdated website design to a new, modern, responsive Blur Busters web design (that's also mobile-friendly). Once this is done, with a fresher website and content, we'll approach monitor manufacturers for review units again.

That said, DO go ahead and contact your favourite monitor manufacturer reps that you want them to send monitors to Blur Busters!

Once we've launched the new website.... we will indeed be quickly procuring an XL2540 by end of springtime whichever way (buy outright, borrow, beg, etc!) regardless. That said, if anyone already has a spare XL2540 lying around right now as a 30-day loaner (basic tests) or 60-day loaner (more extensive tests), that will speed things up -- I now have a reviewer available who can do everything including pursuit camera tests of Blur Busters fame -- contact squad[at]blurbusters.com.
Guess Ill benefit and learn from your upcoming tests with this monitor not long after I get it.. Which is also great. Looking forward to the reviews Chief!

All in all and after seeing how other people who got the chance to play on it reacted, I think its gonna be a great choice for me , hope my graphics card would indeed be sufficient for CS/Quake..