Please help - Best 144hz gaming monitor

There are over 100 ergonomic issues from displays, far more than just flicker and blue light. This forum covers the giant variety of display ergonomics issues.
LaskoAA

Re: Please help - Best 144hz gaming monitor

Post by LaskoAA » 23 Mar 2017, 09:12

Falkentyne wrote:XL2420G Also uses a very old Gsync module firmware, which is not capable of doing ULMB+Gsync simultaneously. Most of the NEWER Gsync 144hz+ monitors can do ULMB and Gsync at the same time successfully. Keep this in mind because that is truly a BLUR BUSTING experience.
Ok so an update... The 2430 over the past couple days has started to look much better. I'm not sure if I'm used to it now or if messing around with the settings has made the monitor that much better. Is G-sync really that much better or is keeping the 2430 without G-sync a good option as well?

-

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Please help - Best 144hz gaming monitor

Post by RealNC » 23 Mar 2017, 10:05

Already answered your PM, but just to put this out there for everyone, testufo.com has a simulation of how g-sync solves the "FPS < Hz" problem.

FPS drops without G-Sync and with VSync OFF:

FPS drops without G-Sync and with VSync ON:

FPS drops with G-Sync:

SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.