XL2720Z w/ artefacts above 60Hz

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
pessejinkmann

XL2720Z w/ artefacts above 60Hz

Post by pessejinkmann » 19 Mar 2017, 14:37

Hi guys. I bougth a XL2720Z (using firmware v05) 6 months ago. I have a GTX 770 and using the DVI DL to make the connection with BENQ and have another monitor at 60hz w/ HDMI.

Two weeks from now I'm having some issues with the BENQ and the 100/120/144Hz monitor frequency. In the early, I was getting only some fragments or flickering in the screen, but now I can use anymore in any frequency above 60hz. I change de DVI to a DP and still got the problem, so the cable is fine. I tried format windows and delete the montior's driver without success, I really think is a monitor problem.
At moment, I can't test the monitor in another GPU and my MB doesnt support 144Hz, but I tested my PC in another BENQ (24") and run 144hz without problems.

Someone already have this problem? This is a hardware fault from monitor or some configuration???
Link of the issue: https://gfycat.com/GiantInconsequentialBarnowl

ps: sorry for my english

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: XL2720Z w/ artefacts above 60Hz

Post by RealNC » 19 Mar 2017, 16:31

Looks like it's RMA time.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

pessejinkmann

Post by pessejinkmann » 19 Mar 2017, 16:42

RealNC wrote:Looks like it's RMA time.
Yeah, but how is benq RMA? They re gonna exchange the monitor or repair??

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 19 Mar 2017, 17:22

No idea.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 19 Mar 2017, 22:30

This does look like probably an RMA issue -- but:

Try a different DVI-DL cable first -- see what happens.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 20 Mar 2017, 05:58

Oh, i can answer this one!

No one does repairs, it's a waste of time. If you send it back to the manufacturer they will throw it in the bin and give you a new one. It's not worth anyone's time to even test it and take the parts out.

Where did you buy it from? don't store in US just replace if you got a faulty one? If you bought it from Benq.com, good luck trying to get anything from them!

pessejinkmann

Post by pessejinkmann » 20 Mar 2017, 09:39

Chief Blur Buster wrote:This does look like probably an RMA issue -- but:

Try a different DVI-DL cable first -- see what happens.
Yeah already tried that, doesnt work. I contacted BENQ, lets see how is the RMA here in my country (Brazil)... thanks!

pessejinkmann

Post by pessejinkmann » 20 Mar 2017, 09:41

lexlazootin wrote:Oh, i can answer this one!

No one does repairs, it's a waste of time. If you send it back to the manufacturer they will throw it in the bin and give you a new one. It's not worth anyone's time to even test it and take the parts out.

Where did you buy it from? don't store in US just replace if you got a faulty one? If you bought it from Benq.com, good luck trying to get anything from them!
I bought in the local store in my country (Brazil) I'll try contcting them and BENQ. I really don't want a repair... that is my fear about use the RMA from BENQ. Thanks

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Mar 2017, 12:15

If an RMA is very unappealing (e.g. costs a fortune to ship the monitor) -- you can try to exhaust all options:

--> Try another computer
--> Try another graphics card
--> Try another port (e.g. DisplayPort instead of DVI-D)
--> Try a thicker DVI-D cable. Many cheap DVI-D cables have problems.

If you don't have another computer, then bring it to the computer store and have them troubleshoot it for you with one of their in-house systems.

The monitor might be defective but there might be workarounds if you're willing to live with them (e.g. using DisplayPort instead if DVI is defective).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 20 Mar 2017, 13:24

Please do what Chief says and try another graphics card or another computer first. It should be EXTREMELY Easy to find another computer. The Benq monitor is extremely light. You can carry it around with you; it has two carrying handles on it.

It's a very big chance it is the monitor, as you did say that you tried another Benq with it.

Did you try using TOASTYX CRU, running RESET-ALL.exe (part of CRU), and then downloading Wagnard's DISPLAY DRIVER UNINSTALLER, uninstalling video drivers with it in SAFE MODE, and then reinstalling?

This is free and I suggest you do tis.

While the monitor COULD have died, it could very well be the video card going south. This is not the first time this has been known to happen.