251fz 240hz lagging

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
alejans

251fz 240hz lagging

Post by alejans » 17 Apr 2017, 09:57

Hey guys i ordered the 240hz monitor agon 251fz.

First my PC Specs:

7700k GTX1070 16gb 3333mhz Ram Samsung ssd Win 10 Pro

On 144hz everything is fine but on 240 it seems to distort edges and shit like my cursor on the desktop lags while dragging it slowly... Monitor menu says its on 240hz but in my opinion this isnt true... feels like 100hz or sth.

Can anyone with or without this monitor help me maybe? (tried DisplayPort, HDMI etc. )

Ive tried multiple graphic card drivers and even onboard graphics.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: 251fz 240hz lagging

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Apr 2017, 11:47

alejans wrote:Hey guys i ordered the 240hz monitor agon 251fz.

First my PC Specs:

7700k GTX1070 16gb 3333mhz Ram Samsung ssd Win 10 Pro

On 144hz everything is fine but on 240 it seems to distort edges and shit like my cursor on the desktop lags while dragging it slowly... Monitor menu says its on 240hz but in my opinion this isnt true... feels like 100hz or sth.

Can anyone with or without this monitor help me maybe? (tried DisplayPort, HDMI etc. )

Ive tried multiple graphic card drivers and even onboard graphics.
Are you talking about ghosting issues -- http://www.testufo.com/ghosting ?

Can you check these:
LCD Motion Artifacts 101
LCD Overdrive Artifacts
And let me know what your motion looks like?

Try also adjusting your overdrive settings during 240Hz operation.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

alejans

Post by alejans » 17 Apr 2017, 11:56

no its really like the monitor is having problems... ive tried a custom reso through nvidia settings and set hz to 239. that pretty much fixed it
now its all fluid but that cant be the right way for other people...

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Apr 2017, 13:02

alejans wrote:no its really like the monitor is having problems... ive tried a custom reso through nvidia settings and set hz to 239. that pretty much fixed it
239Hz looks fine but 240Hz starts to malfunction? Very interesting!

Are you able to post a photo of the problems? For example, take a picture of one of the TestUFO tests at both 239Hz and 240Hz -- and post both pictures? This might help us determine if this is something that requires RMA.

Also; this might be fixable by slightly reducing Horizontal Total or Vertical Total a little bit, you might be somehow going over the dotclock limit -- even reducing Horizontal Total to 2040 instead of 2080 may actually do the job making 240Hz work properly. Also, ToastyX may do the job a little bit better than NVIDIA Custom Resolution since sometimes it overrides itself and outputs a modified mode.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

alejans

Post by alejans » 17 Apr 2017, 15:15

im actually not sure if theres any difference in the photos but ill upload them anyway...
my mobile camera is kinda broken so theyre not the best quality but will do..

the problem would be for games like overwatch where i can set the ingame resolution to the "native" ones... so there i cant use the 239hz ...

Okay so there is a clear difference in this photos... in my opinion. 240hz seems to refresh slower or unconsistent...

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Apr 2017, 16:04

Ah! Unremovable dust behind the camera lens. (I presume you remove your smartphone case and wiped)

BTW, ghosting problems are isually more noticeable at www.testufo.com/ghosting (colored background instead of black background).

Ignore the stutter warnings in the TestUFO, as TestUFO still needs to be recalibrated to work better on 240Hz displays (web browsers have a hard time keeping up at 240fps sometimes!).

Thanks for reporting on your experiences, alejans...

Q83Ia7ta

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 18 Apr 2017, 06:47

alejans wrote:no its really like the monitor is having problems... ive tried a custom reso through nvidia settings and set hz to 239. that pretty much fixed it
I'm sure this test will show you all. Don't photo when there is text "Potential browser stutter occurred" with yellow background.
http://testufo.com/#test=frameskipping