Microsoft EDGE 15 cannot do 120Hz with www.testufo.com

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Glide

Re: Microsoft EDGE 15 cannot do 120Hz with www.testufo.com

Post by Glide » 30 Apr 2017, 17:19

I don't always respond to these sort of news posts, but I do always appreciate the work you're putting in Mark.
It will be amazing if browsers could support VRR one day - at least for video playback, but ideally the whole thing.
Page scrolling is disappointingly jerky in browsers even with a G-Sync monitor.

Haste

Post by Haste » 30 Apr 2017, 17:19

Awesome!
Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q X

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Apr 2017, 17:54

Thanks! You can blame me when Microsoft follows HTML 5.2 and removes that one-line code preventing 120fps or 240fps. ;)

The variable refreh rate issue for browsers, as well as input lag tests for browsers, will be areas of study later 2017-2018. Easiest will be full-screen-mode WebGL, and hardest will be windowed applications, so I will reach out to industry colleagues to figure out on a generic open approach to this.

First things first. We now have a monitor being reviewed, and we are beta-testing some new monitor-reviewer techniques. Our priority is to begin a series of regular monitor reviews as soon as possible.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 01 May 2017, 15:43

UPDATE:

I have a new article, to invite industry feedback:
Blur Busters Working On Changes To HTML 5.2

In a few days, I'll blog it out onto the feeds, but I'm posting here in the forum first for readers here -- since this is highly technical stuff rather than popular stuff.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!