Warranty cases - Monitors for strobe and videocards for OC

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
nuninho1980

Warranty cases - Monitors for strobe and videocards for OC

Post by nuninho1980 » 02 May 2017, 05:47

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Editor's note -- it's only the software that has no warranty. It does not void your monitor's warranty. It's a BenQ authorized utility.
Hi. :)

-- Your "Strobe Utility" may void warranty of monitor!?? Why???? But the warranty refused by BenQ (and by other brands) is(are) very ABSURD. :? evil:

Therefore, I stay CRT monitor for next many years. ;)

-- The EVGA warranty allows videocard killed by overclock!?? :o But EVGA is unfair...

I'm worried with EVGA because EVGA may be harder and may keep the more wait for many RMA's due to OC.

2-year warranty for high-end or top-end videocard is only little or is BADLY expired = absurd, if the videocard damaged is abnormal such as VRAM issue for most videocards (NOT by overclock)...
I remember I was sad for my old XFX GeForce 6800 Ultra AGP died and on nov 09th, 2006 again Point of View GF 8800 GTS 640MB died on dec 27th, 2009 due to VRAM issue after 2-year warranty expired both videocards.

Regards. :)
CPU: [email protected]
RAM: 2x16GB DDR4@3600MHz
MB: MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4
GPU: Zotac RTX 4090 non-OC new! <3 :D
Opt. disc: LG BD-RE writer BH16NS40
HDD: SATA 1TB
SSDs: OCZ RD400 0.5TB+Crucial MX500 2TB
PSU: AEROCOOL 1kW 80+ Gold
Disly: CRT 21" Sony E530 :D

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Warranty cases - Monitors for strobe and videocards for

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 May 2017, 08:09

nuninho1980 wrote:Hi. :)

-- Your "Strobe Utility" may void warranty of monitor!?? Why???? But the warranty refused by BenQ (and by other brands) is(are) very ABSURD. :? evil:

Therefore, I stay CRT monitor for next many years.
The application is the one that doesn't have a warranty (it's because legal says I have to mention it to protect myself).

Did BENQ say it would void your warranty?

You can also tweak via BENQ Service Menu instead, too, as well.

There are also easy strobe backlights that are tweaked via monitor menus.

CRTs are good too! Maybe the new 4K 144Hz local-dimmed scanning-backlight monitors might catch your attention?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 02 May 2017, 09:00

Some monitor vendors will check the activation status of the service menu (the firmware is able to set an internal flag on service menu activation.) Whether BenQ does this or not, I don't know.

On some TVs for example, accessing the service menu gives a warning:

"Warning! Access only for authorized service personnel! Unauthorized access will void guarantee of your TV."

Again, I don't know if and/or which monitor vendors use this policy. You'd have to ask BenQ, I'm afraid.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

nuninho1980

Post by nuninho1980 » 02 May 2017, 09:54

Chief Blur Buster wrote:The application is the one that doesn't have a warranty (it's because legal says I have to mention it to protect myself).

Did BENQ say it would void your warranty?

You can also tweak via BENQ Service Menu instead, too, as well.

There are also easy strobe backlights that are tweaked via monitor menus.

CRTs are good too! Maybe the new 4K 144Hz local-dimmed scanning-backlight monitors might catch your attention?
OOh! "...NO WARRANTY..." - not hardware as monitor but yes software. I apologize you. :)

--> Therefore, you'll close or delete this thread tomorrow. ;)

Thank you. ;)
CPU: [email protected]
RAM: 2x16GB DDR4@3600MHz
MB: MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4
GPU: Zotac RTX 4090 non-OC new! <3 :D
Opt. disc: LG BD-RE writer BH16NS40
HDD: SATA 1TB
SSDs: OCZ RD400 0.5TB+Crucial MX500 2TB
PSU: AEROCOOL 1kW 80+ Gold
Disly: CRT 21" Sony E530 :D