Very annoying problem with xl2720z

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
striker333

Very annoying problem with xl2720z

Post by striker333 » 03 May 2017, 10:01

hi guys . i have serious problem with my 2720z specially with videos all videos even streaming videos the monitor give me judder panning that cause headache i tried almost everything at the website from changing all cables and try diffrent cables and changeing vga display driver i tried even another computer and OS changed hz used software with movies player and filters used custom resolution i dont get this problem with games just with movies or videos i have firmware v 005 cuz i cant stand this problem .hope some 1 can fix it or maybe i gonna sell this monitor thx in advance

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Very annoying problem with xl2720z

Post by RealNC » 03 May 2017, 10:33

Does it happen when you switch to 120Hz?

Also, what does this say:

https://www.vsynctester.com
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

striker333

Post by striker333 » 03 May 2017, 11:03

it happens with any hz from 24 to 144
the vsynctester wht hz wanna me test at 60hz or 120 . sorry couldnt upload here cuz of size they allow u to upload
check this https://ibb.co/f41GO5
wanna tell u something else if i changed the resolution to any thing except 144/120/100 the desktop judder iknow the diffrence between 60hz and 144 /120 i had an old 60hz monitor but the judder is not normal with 60 at this monitor even ballons in screen saver have a little judder it dont move smooth

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 04 May 2017, 09:03

I don't think the monitor is the issue here. Something on your system interferes with video playback, it seems. If games don't have judder but video playback does, it's most probably not the monitor at fault.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

striker333

Post by striker333 » 04 May 2017, 14:37

thx for the reply again but this dont happen with my old 60 hz monitor at same pc and same OS

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 04 May 2017, 15:52

Run testUFO alien invasion full screen with blur reduction *ON*, please.
If it's glass smooth and silky with NO pauses or stutters, then it's nothing to do with the monitor and everything to do with your video card drivers or some other drivers you installed.

the monitor does NOT care if video is playing compared to anything else such as a windows desktop or a video game. It just displays images.

striker333

Post by striker333 » 04 May 2017, 16:24

Thx Falkentyne for the reply was waiting ur reply specially i tried ufo test i don't know how to bring it full screen but i did normal it don't run continuously fine i mean after a while give me stutter warning the frame just drop then back to normal i tried it at fire fox cuz chrome give me just 60hz .if i set this monitor at 60hz it isnt smooth as my old 60hz old one at desktop .i tired a lot of nvidia drivers same thing and connected the monitor to a laptop same thing :( tried madvr same thing .judder gone when i just play videos at 120 frame with svp but i cant enjoy watching movies like this .is changing firmware to v004 may help i dont wanna just install windows again for nothing :D.
wanna take ur opinion about something else is the quality from 1080 to 1440 deserve ? i have 2 options the asus pg278q and benq xl2730 but heared ppl talking about issues about them and afraid same judder with movies happen with them sorry for long posting but really this problem very very annoying .12 days of searching and got nothing. very sorry i found the test i was using another one the monitor stutter very much it isnt smooth. wht to do now :D? 60hz stuttring .120hz move good then just stutter little bit then move normally

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 04 May 2017, 19:39

Enable hardware acceleration in the browser. Chrome should not be limited to 60hz. Also enable Aero if you have it disabled.
And disable ALL unnecessary background programs and startup programs, including virus scanners.

Getting stutter warnings have NOTHING to do with the monitor and EVERYTHING to do with your computer. The monitor 'frame skipping' due to some defect in the panel, for example, can *NOT* be picked up by windows as a "Stutter" warning.

You really need to tune up your system. While we can help with some basic things, we can't troubleshoot problems with video card drivers, bloatware, viruses, OSDs and whatever else you may have installed that is giving you these problems. But it's not the monitor.

striker333

Post by striker333 » 05 May 2017, 06:59

i did and it works now chrome use 120hz . but ofc same problem still there any way ill try dvi-d cable instead of the dp ill buy one tomorrow and then ill try setup new os and ill respond here again .thx all guys i appriciate your help too much

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 May 2017, 09:30

striker333 wrote:hi guys . i have serious problem with my 2720z specially with videos all videos even streaming videos the monitor give me judder panning that cause headache
Here's another take (theory) on why you are getting headaches.

Are you someone who hates "24fps judder" or "3:2 pulldown"?
Are you used to stuff like Sony MotionFlow on a TV?
Were you hoping your 120Hz monitor would help?

Solutions:

Fix 3:2 pulldown judder
If your problem is simpAlso, make sure you play original content. DVD and BluRay, as well as several iTunes/Netflix, can be played back in 24p avoiding the 3:2 pulldown judder. However, that will still be 24 frames per second.

Improve fluidity via upsampling framerate
If you want more than 24 frames per second in your movie, you need to get SmoothVideo Project if you want to bring interpolation (24fps -> 120fps) like "MotionFlow" to movie playback on your 120hz monitor. While this creates fake frames between the real frames, many people have often preferred this effect, as some people do get headaches at anything low-framerate no matter how perfect the frametimes are...
Download: http://www.svp-project.org
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!