PUBG -- Playerunknown Battlegrounds

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
shaca

PUBG -- Playerunknown Battlegrounds

Post by shaca » 11 May 2017, 06:52

sorry if this aint the right place to ask.
does anyone with a Benq xl2411 plays Playerunknown Battlegrounds?
if so, what setting are you using? do you use black equalizer?

tnks

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: PUBG -- Playerunknown Battlegrounds

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 May 2017, 12:55

No worries!

Moved this to General.

Very specific videogame-related questions like this (even about a monitor) usually works better in General :) ... Black Equalizer is a feature found on many monitors (and not even BenQ specific; other brands have similiar settings) so we'll get more readers to answer this question in General.

Eventually we'll create a games forum, once our forum traffic warrants. (Make it happen, people! ;) )
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

cskippy

Post by cskippy » 13 May 2017, 00:57

While I haven't played Playerunknown, for any game, I use standard color profile and have instant on, and gamma at 5. I'll adjust brightness individually in each using game video adjustments if I need to.

shaca

Post by shaca » 13 May 2017, 07:53

tnks mate, ill try it out

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 13 May 2017, 22:25

I don't play PB, but I use the "Black Equalizer" function of my monitor in CS:GO. It is great. Yes, it results in a non-accurate gamma reproduction, but for competitive games it is more important to be able to see enemies hiding in dark camp spots.

Btw, the equalizer setting is preferable to brightness. If you increase brightness, bright areas in the game are too bright and I get "snow blind". Using an equalizer makes sure this doesn't happen; only dark areas are getting brighter. Bright areas stay the same.

Don't forget to turn it off when not playing this specific game though (or any game where you get a competitive advantage.) It really ruins the image overall.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.