need urgent help with my new monitor

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
striker333

Re: need urgent help with my new monitor

Post by striker333 » 27 May 2017, 08:43

thx again chief . the problem isnt that iam sensitive to judder my friends saw this and they said that is not normal i mean any one can see it easy in panning shots .ill test the 60hz and will tell u .connected the asus and ya sure stutter same or maybe more

striker333

Post by striker333 » 27 May 2017, 18:48

about the asus flickering i did this https://rog.asus.com/forum/archive/inde ... 58187.html but this just work for 144hz but if i changed hz to anything else blurry text begin in game it work fine .ill report any change later

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 29 May 2017, 15:02

Hmmm....So a friend of yours reports abnormal juddering.
That's definitely additional evidence that it's abnormal (especially if you tested 60Hz & 120Hz).

What graphics card do you have?
Which graphics drivers?

Also, here's a new troubleshooting matrix for you.

Have you tried upgrading graphics drivers? And uninstalled-reinstalled graphics drivers?
...It's worth trying

Have you tried rebooting to Safe Mode temporarily?
...Safe mode may help diagnose background software that is causing things to judder

Have you temporarily switched to single-card operation (instead of SLI)?
...Single card is usually smoother

Are you using mixed refresh rates (60Hz + 144Hz simultaneously on dual monitor)?
...Disconnect all monitors except highest refresh rate. Test just a single monitor.

Are you willing to reinstall Windows?
...It's a hail mary option, but sometimes starting afresh solves this type of problem.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

striker333

Post by striker333 » 30 May 2017, 07:54

iam using gtx 1070 with macron memory i flashed it to lastest bios and yes iam using latest nvidia drivers and using display driver uninstaller to remove it i tried 4 diffrent drivers from 2016 to latest one .iam using single card .iam not using mixed hz and yes i did install new windows for nothing :D

striker333

Post by striker333 » 30 May 2017, 08:12

Update: in safe mode it is much better almost normal playback but with tearing ofc cuz of vga driver . i tried in windows with no vga driver but still juddering . so wht is doing this in widnwos mode :D ?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 30 May 2017, 09:22

Use this program:

http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Start it and click "Run". It might catch whatever is responsible for creating the judder.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

striker333

Post by striker333 » 30 May 2017, 13:09

downloaded the latencymon and started it everything is normal :D

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 May 2017, 13:11

latencymon fixed the judder?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

striker333

Post by striker333 » 30 May 2017, 13:54

Chief Blur Buster wrote:latencymon fixed the judder?
no it didnt

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 May 2017, 13:55

Oh!
You're saying latencymon is telling you that your system is normal.

Question: Did you apply any registry tweaks?
...Some tweaks that improve games can make video worse.