I don't know how to change the vertical total on my GN246HL

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
jld2k6

I don't know how to change the vertical total on my GN246HL

Post by jld2k6 » 31 May 2017, 13:00

I have done extensive searching on how to enable lightboost with my monitor. The toasty method works just fine, but I am interested in not having to use that to enable lightboost on my GN246HL as I don't want to have to reboot to turn it on and off for 120hz. I keep finding everywhere that I just need to change my VT to 1149 in order to enable 120hz lightboost since no hacks are required on this monitor. The problem is, not matter how much I search I cannot find any explanation of how to do this. I've found 10 examples of people saying "just change your VT to 1149" but they never say how to do it lol. Looking through the CRU I don't see any option to change the VT so I need some explaining on how to do it. I appreciate any help!

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: I don't know how to change the vertical total on my GN24

Post by RealNC » 31 May 2017, 14:36

In CRU, you double-click the mode you want to edit (in this case 1920x1080 @ 120Hz). In the dialog that opens, there's two columns: "Horizontal" and "Vertical". The vertical total is the last box in the "Vertical" column. Edit that.

Confirm everything (click OK until CRU closes.) To apply the changes without reboot, run the "restart.exe" (or "restart64.exe" if you're on 64-bit) program that's in the same directory as CRU.exe.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but each time restart.exe is ran, a dead entry appears in the monitor list in CRU. You can delete them from time to time. They don't seem to cause any issues so you might as well ignore them.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

jld2k6

Post by jld2k6 » 31 May 2017, 15:18

Thank you! I feel dumb now lol. Had no clue vertical total was literally just the number of pixels vertically!

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 31 May 2017, 15:25

jld2k6 wrote:Thank you! I feel dumb now lol. Had no clue vertical total was literally just the number of pixels vertically!
Vertical total is not the amount of pixels on the screen. That would be 1080.

Just to be sure you're not editing the wrong value, it's this value:

SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.