One corner flickering during warm-up?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
[email protected]

One corner flickering during warm-up?

Post by [email protected] » 07 Jun 2017, 05:08

Hey there new to the forums and new to 144hz and though I've been able to find info on most of my questions there is one potential issue that plagues me at the moment. I recently got an Asus PG278Q and while I love it for the most part there is some light bleed in the bottom right corner. Not the worst problem in the world but when I first turn it on every day the bottom right corner will flicker brighter and back to regular repeatedly for the first 30 minutes till it "warms up." This seems to not be so bad when I set it to 60hz in the monitor settings but it goes away after warming up. Not sure if this is normal or if its something I'm doing or if its just broken. I am running a GTX 1080 if that makes a difference. Any help at all is greatly appreciated. Attached is a quick video demonstrating the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAwWk13tiY4

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: One corner flickering during warm-up?

Post by RealNC » 07 Jun 2017, 11:14

That's a defect.

I would RMA it.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Jun 2017, 11:21

Defect.

Yes, I totally agree on RMA too.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » 15 Jun 2017, 01:50

Thanks for the quick response! Sent it in for RMA and I get it tomorrow. Asus RMA process is second worst I've seen. Shipping cost is gnarly and I didnt even send the base with it. Hopefully all is well though. Anyone happen to know if its a panel defect or something else?