What is this flicker on my Samsung CFG70? Only at 144hz

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
drfuture

What is this flicker on my Samsung CFG70? Only at 144hz

Post by drfuture » 24 Jul 2017, 17:16

https://youtu.be/1io-FODdp0Q

Flickering on my Samsung C27FG70. Only occurs at 144hz. Visible everywhere to the naked eye, but prominent on areas with sharp lines and big jumps between white and black. Performed all the troubleshooting I could find on the internet. Happens on any computer, both Nvidia and AMD. RMA'd three times. I have a dual monitor setup with the same monitor, and the other one has no issues. I'm at my wit's end. Can anyone help me find out what is causing this?

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: What is this flicker on my Samsung CFG70? Only at 144hz

Post by RealNC » 25 Jul 2017, 03:16

What happens if you swap the monitors? What happens if you only use one monitor and unplug the other from the graphics card?

If none of that helps, looks like it's another RMA. Even if you RMA 100 times, if every time they send you one with the same defect, it's a defect and you need to RMA again or request your money back, I guess.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

drfuture

Post by drfuture » 26 Jul 2017, 12:29

I've tried every variation of monitor connections, as you described. I've isolated the issue as being a defect with the monitor itself... the one monitor is fine, but it's so frustrating that every time I get the other RMA'd monitor, it always has the same issue. Unfortunately it's too late to ask for money back. Stuck in an RMA loop.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 26 Jul 2017, 20:33

You should probably request a different brand then.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.