Can i play 240hz on GamePC &stream 60hz to Streaming PC?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
daviddave1

Can i play 240hz on GamePC &stream 60hz to Streaming PC?

Post by daviddave1 » 11 Aug 2017, 09:30

i just got a 27inch Acer 1080P Predator XB272 240Hz and absolutely love it.

Now i still got some money left from my tax return. I am thinking about building a streaming PC to stream PC games.

Can i still play on 240 hz on my NVIDIA Gaming PC with DISPLAYPORT and stream to a Streaming PC through HDMI in 60 hz?

The (budget 2500K) Streaming PC will have some type of Capture Card? Is this possible?

All answers are much appreciated!
Last edited by daviddave1 on 11 Aug 2017, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
| Now: ASUS PG248QP 540Hz. | Past : VG259QM with the Qisda panel/PG27AQN/XL2566K

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Can i play 240hz on GamePC &stream 60hz to Streaming PC?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 Aug 2017, 11:25

It's possible to do 240Hz out of HDMI 2.0 (I successfully did on one 240Hz monitor). So you may be able to mirror 240Hz on both DisplayPort and HDMI, yes.

However, I don't know if there's a capture card capable of doing 240Hz.

And even if there was, it would be the capture card's responsibility to decimate the 240Hz to the streaming frame rate (60fps) for things like twitch.

It's hard to come up with a workaround to output 240Hz via DisplayPort while output 60Hz on HDMI (3 skipped refresh cycles), but I imagine it's not impossible, but this would certainly be uncharted territory. Best research to start is to figure out what people are doing to stream 120Hz/144Hz -- graphics card streaming may actually be much easier in this case but would impact your performance.

Please post here, if you figure out the right workaround. Our readers would like to know!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

daviddave1

Post by daviddave1 » 11 Aug 2017, 12:50

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Please post here, if you figure out the right workaround. Our readers would like to know!
Here's a video of a guy explaining with i hope is the answer on youtube. It's a little lengthy, but it should help
https://youtu.be/PLG_i_ED-Nk

I got this link from a guy on reddit who also told me this:

There's a way to do it with OBS on your gaming computer using the full screen preview option built into OBS. Basically, instead of cloning your gaming monitor to your capture card (and thereby locking both displays to 60Hz), you keep the capture card separate. Do not clone your gaming display to it at all. It should be showing up as its own monitor in your Windows display settings if you have everything connected correctly. Then in OBS (which you'll have to install on your gaming computer), use the full screen preview option and send that preview to the capture card monitor. This will allow your gaming display to continue running at its native refresh rate while the capture card runs at its usual 60Hz.
| Now: ASUS PG248QP 540Hz. | Past : VG259QM with the Qisda panel/PG27AQN/XL2566K

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 Aug 2017, 16:39

Sounds like this is the solution.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

wazer

Post by wazer » 12 Sep 2017, 21:07

This could be the solution for you too..

https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comment ... _card_for/

TheOldDumper

Post by TheOldDumper » 10 Nov 2022, 02:32

phpBB [video]

Here is a perfect solution exactly for that.
I have tried with a 240Hz monitor and it just working perfectly fine!
I mean by this I can capture my video game, but the sound is not working sometimes.
For that, I'm using teleport, wich allows me to teleport audio devices between the 2 PC without a single softwere or hardwere, only the OBS plugin needed. Below the video which helped me!

phpBB [video]