XL2411Z Low Blue Light

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Stefan33

XL2411Z Low Blue Light

Post by Stefan33 » 06 Mar 2014, 14:47

Hi Guys,

I'm a bit struggling with the OSD of my recently purchased XL2411Z.
I basically use 2 picture modes I adjusted myself to meet my needs. They are saved to Gamer1 and Gamer2 overwritable profiles.

For the first profile I used the Standard preset and for the second I used FPS1. I both adjusted them a little and saved them.
Now I recognized a strange behavior:
While setting up my custom profiles I can set the Low Blue Light value to anything I want between 1 and 10.
But after saving either of them to the gamer profiles the Low Blue Light feature is greyed out and can't be changed.
I'm also 99% sure that it isn't just greyed out, it is completly ignored (0) !
I made a test whith saving the same exact same profile to gamer1 and gamer2, one had Low Blue Light set to 10 before saving, the other 0.
After saving and changing between them they both look the same..

Does this mean I can't use this feature as long as I want to use self defined picture modes?
Does anyone have similar problems or am I maybe just too stupid for the monitor :roll:

Many thanks in advance for any replies!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: XL2411Z Low Blue Light

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Mar 2014, 01:04

Try saving to a different profile (e.g. custom profile) as I think the gamer profiles doesn't allow the blue light setting (I think). Try saving to other slots other than gamer1 and gamer2, and try configuring gamer settings in the non-gamer profiles, and see if that works for you!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Stefan33

Post by Stefan33 » 07 Mar 2014, 03:00

Hi Chief,

thanks for the reply!
Unfortunately the section 'Save Settings' only allows me to save my changes to the 3 gamer profiles.
The other presets don't seem to be overwritable.
I also think it's not a difference which preset I choose to start with (Standard, FPS1 and so on).
But I will try that when I'm at home (currently @ work)

Stefan33

Post by Stefan33 » 07 Mar 2014, 12:48

Ok, now I'm really beginning to think someone at BenQ didn't think this through.

The only presets where you can set the low blue light are Standard, FPS1, FPS2 and RTS.
I saved all of them to the gamer profiles, every time the low blue light stays greyed out.

My last hope was to completely reset the monitor to it's factory settings.
But after that, without even touching any values or saving anything to the gamer profiles, light blue is greyed out.

Any ideas left?
I probably just have to live with ignoring this feature..