Eizo Foris FG2421 - Where was yours made? Are you happy?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
boniek

Re: Eizo Foris FG2421 - Where was yours made? Are you happy?

Post by boniek » 11 Mar 2014, 16:21

MonarchX wrote:I have VG248QE but it cannot produce neutral grays in this test - http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gradient.php . The dark gray portion of the gradient are purple regardless of calibration settings... I can't stand it... I assume other LightBoost monitors that use the same panel have the same issue.
I would assume this is problem of 6bit TN and/or it's AFRC algorithm. 8bit panels should not have this problem.
i7 3770
16 GB RAM
GTX 670 2GB
ROG SWIFT PG278Q

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Eizo Foris FG2421 - Where was yours made? Are you happy?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 14 Mar 2014, 15:03

MonarchX wrote:I have VG248QE but it cannot produce neutral grays in this test - http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gradient.php . The dark gray portion of the gradient are purple regardless of calibration settings... I can't stand it... I assume other LightBoost monitors that use the same panel have the same issue.
Yes, so that's why if you can spend more money -- there are superior options.

Even the VG248QE with GSYNC upgrade is a lot better, and above that, is even better options. For example, some of the 27" LightBoost monitors, the fixed V2 BENQ Z-Series, or the EIZO FG2421. LightBoost was unofficial, and the colors are really bad on some models, especially VG248QE which had the worst LightBoost colors (but is popular anyway because it is cheap: Under $300). Manufacturers finally made "LightBoost 2D" official with the introduction of ULMB, Turbo240, and BENQ Blur Reduction.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!