Optimal Settings for XG270

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
june

Optimal Settings for XG270

Post by june » 17 Jun 2020, 17:11

so i received this monitor yesterday and am confused as shit with all the different options in the OSD settings. while i think it's awesome to have all these different options, i don't know what most of these settings even do lol

what are the optimal settings to use 240Hz and 1ms? if i recall correctly, i remember reading a post from Chief Blur Buster stating the optimal settings and even went further in details as to what mouse dpi to use too. unfortunately i can't find that post and was wondering if someone knew what it was or has the link for it? i've skimmed through the forums and couldn't find anything, or if i did, they were on 100-144Hz.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Optimal Settings for XG270

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Jun 2020, 17:33

june wrote:
17 Jun 2020, 17:11
so i received this monitor yesterday and am confused as shit with all the different options in the OSD settings. while i think it's awesome to have all these different options, i don't know what most of these settings even do lol

what are the optimal settings to use 240Hz and 1ms? if i recall correctly, i remember reading a post from Chief Blur Buster stating the optimal settings and even went further in details as to what mouse dpi to use too. unfortunately i can't find that post and was wondering if someone knew what it was or has the link for it? i've skimmed through the forums and couldn't find anything, or if i did, they were on 100-144Hz.
For end users, the easiest options to remember are:

Easy Modes
(1) For FreeSync / G-SYNC use, you should use 240Hz (default) with FreeSync ON
(2) For PureXP+ latency priority, use 240Hz (default) with PureXP+ ON
(3) For PureXP+ motion quality (clearest motion), use 120Hz with PureXP+ ON

Slightly Improved Modes
For better overdrive, use 224Hz in place of 240Hz via NVIDIA Control Panel -> Custom Resolution, combined with maximum overdrive (ViewSonic overdrive is low-aggressiveness by default, and looks very good at 224Hz).

Mouse Microstuttering Reduction for Motion Blur Reduction Technologies
For Mouse DPI, see: "Fixing Amplified Microstuttering Visibility From Blur Reduction":
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3555
.........Set Middle speed setting in "Set a pointer speed" in Control Panel
.........Set Reasonably high DPI in Mouse Vendor Software (1600dpi+ recommended for strobe technologies)
.........Set Low Sensitivity in Game Menus (to compensate for super-high DPI)
For reliable high-DPI operation, make sure you're using recent high-quality mouse sensor, accurate mouse pad, and good non-damaged mouse feet. By adjusting these settings, your mouse slow-speed turns and medium-speed turns will be much smoother (CRT motion clarity).

This will be coming in a HOWTO very soon this month.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

june

Post by june » 17 Jun 2020, 22:37

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
17 Jun 2020, 17:33
june wrote:
17 Jun 2020, 17:11

For end users, the easiest options to remember are:

Easy Modes
(1) For FreeSync / G-SYNC use, you should use 240Hz (default) with FreeSync ON
(2) For PureXP+ latency priority, use 240Hz (default) with PureXP+ ON
(3) For PureXP+ motion quality (clearest motion), use 120Hz with PureXP+ ON

Slightly Improved Modes
For better overdrive, use 224Hz in place of 240Hz via NVIDIA Control Panel -> Custom Resolution, combined with maximum overdrive (ViewSonic overdrive is low-aggressiveness by default, and looks very good at 224Hz).

Mouse Microstuttering Reduction for Motion Blur Reduction Technologies
For Mouse DPI, see: "Fixing Amplified Microstuttering Visibility From Blur Reduction":
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3555
.........Set Middle speed setting in "Set a pointer speed" in Control Panel
.........Set Reasonably high DPI in Mouse Vendor Software (1600dpi+ recommended for strobe technologies)
.........Set Low Sensitivity in Game Menus (to compensate for super-high DPI)
For reliable high-DPI operation, make sure you're using recent high-quality mouse sensor, accurate mouse pad, and good non-damaged mouse feet. By adjusting these settings, your mouse slow-speed turns and medium-speed turns will be much smoother (CRT motion clarity).

This will be coming in a HOWTO very soon this month.
thanks so much!
if i'm trying to use "Easy Mode #2" (PureXP+ latency priority), should i put light, normal, extreme, or ultra under PureXP+? I've realized that the settings on the monitor itself give me all those aforementioned options, but in the program i've downloaded, "Elite Display Controller", it only gives me On or Off option. should i just use the program and click On?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Jun 2020, 11:48

Adjust that to personal preference.

It’s a clarity-vs-brightness tradeoff (much like ULMB Pulse Width or DyAc Strobe Duty / Persistence). Brighter but slightly more blur, darker but slightly less blur.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Fox193

Post by Fox193 » 06 Dec 2023, 14:12

I am looking for the optimal or best settings for this monitor. For shooter games. maybe someone can give me the best settings for the monitor itself.