Are 360hz monitors "worth" it for 240hz + ULMB alone?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
rose_qwq

Are 360hz monitors "worth" it for 240hz + ULMB alone?

Post by rose_qwq » 19 May 2021, 08:58

Hi, I play Overwatch at what I guess is like a "semi-pro" level, and I'm into aim training and fast tracking aim in particular which is mostly reading skills and fast reactions, so motion clarity is key

Right now I have an Acer Nitro XF252Q. To me it's good, but I don't know how it compares. Acer's VRB/BFI feature completely ruins regular 240hz, so even 360hz without it would likely be underwhelming to look at and would have to feel significantly better than 240 to compensate. I tested out 120/144hz + BFI and the difference that extra headroom gives you is really interesting. The clarity is great, but clarity of motion in my mind would translate to smoothness, which wasn't the case. Maybe I am crazy or sensitive but 240hz definitely feels nicer.

So you get what I'm saying, there isn't any BFI options for 360hz at the moment, but you could run those monitors at 240hz with it. I admit I haven't looked enough but that seems like a good place to be at. Especially seeing as 360fps is pretty ambitious a goalpost anyway, unless you're playing CSGO. So it's odd to me I didn't see much about it while trying to find any info about whether or not it's good.

Either 360hz is significant enough a difference I can't go back even with the worse clarity, or I get the extra clarity without giving up smoothness by using 240hz + ULMB, right? Ignoring the whole early adopter aspect

If that's not sound logic, then I would ask, are the differences between DyAc, VRB, ULMB etc significant enough that even just a different 240hz monitor would be worth calling an upgrade, or will it essentially be a sidegrade?

I appreciate any thoughts, I am sure there are things I am overlooking as it's not only a bit complicated but also very subjective

ivanpeace1

Re: Are 360hz monitors "worth" it for 240hz + ULMB alone?

Post by ivanpeace1 » 27 May 2021, 19:08

I am considering buying your Acer Nitro XF252QPbmiiprx monitor.
Can you please tell me, is there a ghost in dynamic scenes on your monitor?
Are you using the fastest response time possible?
Thank you