Thread dedicated to building a pc that avoids EMI

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
assombrosso

Thread dedicated to building a pc that avoids EMI

Post by assombrosso » 12 Feb 2022, 10:20

Mention the best protective cases, the best power supply that create small amount of emi, best GPU RAM CPU and also if possible, pc building services who build the pc for you according to your needs. This means of you want to add ferrite chockes on the wires cables, they do it for you.

finalboss

Re: Thread dedicated to building a pc that avoids EMI

Post by finalboss » 01 Aug 2023, 14:46

Hey, im interested in a post like this, did you find the "perfect" build?

pcenthusiast92

Post by pcenthusiast92 » 02 Aug 2023, 10:47

I never saw a ferrite core being putted on a power supply wires at least not on a desktop computer, but on laptops yes.

Also I have a razer krait mouse and it has a ferrite core at the end of the cable that goes to the usb port of my motherboard, but I was wondering why the do only put one at the end of the cable? For instance i have seeing different devices that have 1 ferrite core at the start of the cable, then at the end of the cable, why this rule doesn't apply to some devices?

Sorry for poor grammar, have good day.

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 02 Aug 2023, 13:27

pcenthusiast92 wrote: ↑
02 Aug 2023, 10:47
I never saw a ferrite core being putted on a power supply wires at least not on a desktop computer, but on laptops yes.

Also I have a razer krait mouse and it has a ferrite core at the end of the cable that goes to the usb port of my motherboard, but I was wondering why the do only put one at the end of the cable? For instance i have seeing different devices that have 1 ferrite core at the start of the cable, then at the end of the cable, why this rule doesn't apply to some devices?

As a law, in theory and in practice, everything that have it's own power supply unit (which means everything that itself, is connected to the outlet) when we wanted to connect it to other component that have the same condition, their connection wire 'SHOULD' have ferite chokes on each ends, to stop whatever interference each one have, with each others. Ok?
So what if one of them doesn't have it's own power supply unit but simply powers by the other one to work?
Congrats, you guessed right, their wire only needs one ferite choke at the end of the one which is connected to it's own power supply unit.
Hope I explained it the way you understand.

Now:
aboveRule.replace(aboveRule, whateverIAgreeWith);

Means: I don't agree with the whole rule, and it should be replaced with whatever I agree with.
But it's just my opinion, and, it just doesn't matter, because I'm not a scientist nor a professional electrical engineer nor anything related, so it's just my app and its a messy unpractical one, BOOOOO πŸ€ͺ

pcenthusiast92

Post by pcenthusiast92 » 02 Aug 2023, 19:41

loccomacco wrote: ↑
02 Aug 2023, 13:27

As a law, in theory and in practice, everything that have it's own power supply unit (which means everything that itself, is connected to the outlet) when we wanted to connect it to other component that have the same condition, their connection wire 'SHOULD' have ferite chokes on each ends, to stop whatever interference each one have, with each others. Ok?
So what if one of them doesn't have it's own power supply unit but simply powers by the other one to work?
Congrats, you guessed right, their wire only needs one ferite choke at the end of the one which is connected to it's own power supply unit.

Now:

Means: I don't agree with the whole rule, and it should be replaced with whatever I agree with.
But it's just my opinion, and, it just doesn't matter, because I'm not a scientist nor a professional electrical engineer nor anything related, so it's just my app and its a messy unpractical one, BOOOOO πŸ€ͺ
Oh this make sense but still weird that the desktop PSU doesn't come with a ferrite core on cables that supply the DC voltage to components.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 02 Aug 2023, 19:52

02 Aug 2023, 19:41

Now:

Oh this make sense but still weird that the desktop PSU doesn't come with a ferrite core on cables that supply the DC voltage to components.
PSU have ferrites inside, as far as I know

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 03 Aug 2023, 21:51

02 Aug 2023, 19:41

Now:

Yeah InputLagger is right, but PSU together with the help of motherboard, they not only have ferrite chokes, but also have a lot of other components and ways to get rid out of a large range of troublesome EMI frequencies, so they pretty much have everything and by knowing that, you can conclude why every other external devices that somehow filters things, doesn't do much to solve our problems.
That's why I'm saying, filters can not be the answer to our problems, but those filters from GreenWave have some other factors which may add some changes to our problems, but it totally depends on our conditions like do we live in a crowded areas or do we live in an apartment and so on and also depends on how we use them like where we plugged them into the wall, but after all still you may not get any benefits by using them, they are really a bet.