Rare/Electrical Issues Affecting Latency — Interference, EMI, EMF

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
amorou

Re: Rare/Electrical Issues Affecting Latency — Interference, EMI, EMF

Post by amorou » 24 Aug 2023, 15:23

Sqnax17 wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 21:24
amorou wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 17:22
Sqnax17 wrote:
22 Aug 2023, 13:58
Sqnax17 wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 16:33
Hi guys, I'm from Brazil. I am not encouraging anyone to stop looking for solutions. I'm a layman on the subject, but I've been researching this anomolo inputlag caused by electricity for years. in 2018-2019 the pc was perfect and very cool, but after 2019 it's all over. I tried 2 completely different pcs, different houses and nothing happened. Recently, after testing an online double conversion UPS with pure sine wave (I feel the battery play better with the equipment disconnected from the socket, but it doesn't come close to normal operation) it didn't work, not even a panamax power conditioner. I saw several people saying that a balanced theroidal transformer would solve the problem, so I decided to buy it and spent some money because I live in Brazil and for us it is a very high value. And it didn't solve anything. So guys, don't spend money for nothing until you have an explanation with factual evidence about the solution. I particularly give up playing for fun and competitively (which I did best and it was good). It really is impossible.
unfortunately guys, playing in solar offgrid does not fully solve the problem, only partially. And connect the pc directly to the battery as well. But if someone is looking for a small improvement, throwing off the grid helps the problem, but it doesn't solve it 100%. There is still the problem of turning off and on the monitor, after returning it is perfect for 4 seconds and then degrades. How resetting the monitor power would make everything work perfectly but only for a few seconds. I really give up trying to find a solution. But I will follow up on this issue. This problem is very complicated but I know that resetting the power supply monitor totally fixed the problem for a few seconds so the problem is related to this power reset
You prolly have bad grounding , try disabling it if you cant redone it

(Good grounding will help isolation from on air interference , if you have bad ground , ground cable itself cant act as +antenna for system)
to be talking about grounding, yours must have fixed the problem? If this statement has no basis
I dont have grounding , interference has 2 option on-air / from cables , grounded shielding(pc case vs) will filter on-air interference.
Since going off-grid didnt work for you I recommended it

Sqnax17

Post by Sqnax17 » 24 Aug 2023, 17:54

amorou wrote:
24 Aug 2023, 15:23
Sqnax17 wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 21:24
amorou wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 17:22
Sqnax17 wrote:
22 Aug 2023, 13:58

unfortunately guys, playing in solar offgrid does not fully solve the problem, only partially. And connect the pc directly to the battery as well. But if someone is looking for a small improvement, throwing off the grid helps the problem, but it doesn't solve it 100%. There is still the problem of turning off and on the monitor, after returning it is perfect for 4 seconds and then degrades. How resetting the monitor power would make everything work perfectly but only for a few seconds. I really give up trying to find a solution. But I will follow up on this issue. This problem is very complicated but I know that resetting the power supply monitor totally fixed the problem for a few seconds so the problem is related to this power reset
You prolly have bad grounding , try disabling it if you cant redone it

(Good grounding will help isolation from on air interference , if you have bad ground , ground cable itself cant act as +antenna for system)
to be talking about grounding, yours must have fixed the problem? If this statement has no basis
I dont have grounding , interference has 2 option on-air / from cables , grounded shielding(pc case vs) will filter on-air interference.
Since going off-grid didnt work for you I recommended it
How do I fix interference in the air?

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 24 Aug 2023, 23:34

Lucho wrote:
24 Aug 2023, 10:02
Can someone help translate and understanding this series of videos:

https://www.youtube.com/@RaMa_91/videos
Got myself a nice cup of coffee, put some ice in it, fired up the video and let google auto translate the audio to english. Made 0 sense, so yea maybe a Russlan Native can translate this for us?
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

triplese

Post by triplese » 25 Aug 2023, 09:05

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
24 Aug 2023, 23:34
Lucho wrote:

Got myself a nice cup of coffee, put some ice in it, fired up the video and let google auto translate the audio to english. Made 0 sense, so yea maybe a Russlan Native can translate this for us?
Viewed all this videos, there are some guys who have radio-amateur background. They find some corellation between high voltage lines and maintenance on transformer and desync.
Their main version is high-frequency noise, which needs to be blocked with HF blockers on transformer station, but due to age (Soviet-era) of this transformer stations (and obviously retards who funding war, not science/technologies) blockers is not installed, so anybody who lives close to 110kV line (chinese guys says radius 6km) or old transformer have desync.
For now they build few experimental blockers (simple RC filter, probably not helped a lot) and then try-passing "grounding" with coaxial cable with capacitor.

There is no evidence they not missing something else, because their version based on one coincidence with maintenance of transformer
which powered off small town entirely and desync disappeared entirely after maintenance. But scientific approach is good, at least they dont messing with bios/OS tweaks :lol:

BTW I live near 110kV line and dont had problems with desync till summer 2020.

delve

Post by delve » 25 Aug 2023, 12:28

triplese wrote:
25 Aug 2023, 09:05
Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
24 Aug 2023, 23:34
Lucho wrote:

Viewed all this videos, there are some guys who have radio-amateur background. They find some corellation between high voltage lines and maintenance on transformer and desync.
Their main version is high-frequency noise, which needs to be blocked with HF blockers on transformer station, but due to age (Soviet-era) of this transformer stations (and obviously retards who funding war, not science/technologies) blockers is not installed, so anybody who lives close to 110kV line (chinese guys says radius 6km) or old transformer have desync.
For now they build few experimental blockers (simple RC filter, probably not helped a lot) and then try-passing "grounding" with coaxial cable with capacitor.

There is no evidence they not missing something else, because their version based on one coincidence with maintenance of transformer
which powered off small town entirely and desync disappeared entirely after maintenance. But scientific approach is good, at least they dont messing with bios/OS tweaks :lol:

Did you understand the last videos regarding static electricity?

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 25 Aug 2023, 13:34

triplese wrote:
25 Aug 2023, 09:05

You are godsend my dude, thank you. I kinda understood something about him being in a closed community trying to come-up with a working prototype "Filter or whatever". Or something similar! Anyhow, I'm not close to a 110KV line, or anything of that magnitude, yet still experiencing the input lag and the desync. I also heard him saying something about Static Electricity of sorts? Wish he just added translation lol.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

triplese

Post by triplese » 26 Aug 2023, 19:51

About static electricity no clarifications from author was given, and I didnt get why he changed his point from HF noise to static electricity. So probably their filters not helping a lot.

Forgot to add - in first videos they have some results about isolation transformers, UPS, etc - any new device is being saturated after few days, and more difficult-professional-pro-max-super-ultra-filter is advertised, with more zeros in price - it just delaying effect to week or so.

Lucho

Post by Lucho » 26 Aug 2023, 22:46

Thank you guys for your help!