Electricity caused my PC to stutter for 3 years… I finally fixed it.

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Vocaleyes

Re: Electricity caused my PC to stutter for 3 years… I finally fixed it.

Post by Vocaleyes » 09 Nov 2023, 09:04

lavar wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 08:04
BTW this isn’t just an input lag forum “ :D

And uhh yeah dude, I wish it was a grounding problem.

Are you sure your input lag problem isn’t a grounding problem man? You should call an electrician and get your outlets checked asap! Maybe buy some greenwave EMF filters man you never know.

Issue was explained in post.

I knew this post would get bombarded w input laggers coming in here. The other 500000 forums aren’t enough apparently.
While yes this isn’t just an input lag forum, it’s been made explicitly clear numerous times that the rabbit hole of EMI has no place here due to its complex and often misdiagnosed nature, because of that and the direction this thread is heading in, I’d say it’s possible that it will be closed. But that’s just my personal opinion based on past actions taken against similar posts.

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 09 Nov 2023, 09:38

lavar wrote:
I think they mean you posted your topic in the "Input Lag" instead of "General" lobby, so you're naturally going to get the attention of users discussing input lag here.
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

Cyanide_

Post by Cyanide_ » 09 Nov 2023, 10:57

lavar wrote:

Are you sure your input lag problem isn’t a grounding problem man? You should call an electrician and get your outlets checked asap! Maybe buy some greenwave EMF filters man you never know.

I knew this post would get bombarded w input laggers coming in here. The other 500000 forums aren’t enough apparently.
So what exactly was your issue then? What kind of "electricity"?
From what I've seen in OP post you have fixed it by adding double conversion UPS + power conditioner, for how long did you test it? And you said you still have some minor stutters. Also you said your CPU is weak, you sure it's not CPU then?
My bad it's "input/display/network lag" sub-forum, or lobby we're in, but anyways.

lavar

Post by lavar » 09 Nov 2023, 19:51

Cyanide_ wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 10:57
lavar wrote:

From what I've seen in OP post you have fixed it by adding double conversion UPS + power conditioner, for how long did you test it? And you said you still have some minor stutters. Also you said your CPU is weak, you sure it's not CPU then?
My bad it's "input/display/network lag" sub-forum, or lobby we're in, but anyways.
Did you not see the part where I said I tested over 6 PC’s?

pcenthusiast92

Post by pcenthusiast92 » 09 Nov 2023, 20:54

lavar wrote:
08 Nov 2023, 08:07
Yes you’ve read the title.

I tested 6+ PC’s, internets monitors etc etc etc etc etc etc for the last 3 years. Any PC i connected in my house made it stutter instantly… and “forever”

Nothing I did even HELPED my PC one tiny bit. It seemed as once I plugged my PC into my outlet it “stuttered” forever. Nothing I would do would help the stutters.

Until now.

I bought a double conversion UPS. Let it sit plugged into my outlet and plugged my PC into it for the first week-2 I had it. I noticed a big difference but it just wasn’t there yet… I also have a power conditioner.. After couple weeks I was like let me connect my power conditioner to outlet, then my UPS connected to it. My regular UPS didn’t do anything. Double conversion on the other hand.. that’s why. IT HAS TO BE DOUBLE CONVERSION.

So at first I noticed a massive difference once I plugged those 2 in.. I could actually like play..? Stutters here and there.. but dude.. first time in 3 years something I did actually helped the stutters. Now, I was wondering hey.. could my PC just be messed up from all these tweaks I’ve tried..? I’ve literally changed so many settings lol and my windows wasn’t reset in years. I was thinking about resetting windows but its such a hassle so I didn’t.

A couple days goes… Then my Fortnite client was bugging. This weird anti cheat thingy wasn’t letting me install it.. people online said its such a hassle just easier to reset ur PC.. so I was like ok I was thinking about resetting it days ago and didn’t wanna keep trying to fix this anti cheat bug so I reset windows…

Once done, i didn’t touch nothing. Just downloaded Fortnite to see if it lets me boot, it does.

I enter the game. Bit stuttery ( cause Fortnite has shader compilation you have to let it build up) but couple games later… SMOOTH. Literally haven’t felt it like this in 3 YEARS. WTF? I play I play I play and omg… I can actually play. (My fortnite used to be insanely stuttery, non stop damn stutters, unplayable) It was a blessing. New season, OG, and I can actually play.

I hop on PUBG.. same thing.. I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY.. bit stutters here and there but nothing horrible like before. Just non stop, unplayable. Now PUBG is extremely unoptimized and my CPU is also outdated cause I never bothered upgrading it but it’s still a lowkey beast. But man, it feels like I don’t even have this issue anymore. I can play like I did 3 years ago.

So yeah. I know whats its like dealing with this BS. This stuff is stressful, takes a hit on your mental health.. it really sucks. I know how it feels.

THIS IS NOT AN INPUT LAG ISSUE. IF YOU HAVE INPUT LAG THIS IS NOT FOR YOU. This is for people where you only suffer stutters and your game never feels better no matter what time of day it is and nothing you do helps.

Please do not cram the thread regarding input lag. You guys have a million threads. Regarding this issue it’s extremely hard to find threads like this.

If anyone has questions you can leave your discord or ask here.

Power conditioner: Furhman M-8x2
UPS: Tripp Lite SU1500XL.

Now.. I used to think my PC was “infected” and honestly reading online I do believe peoples stuff does get perm damaged, but unless you leave your PC at a “clean” location for like a few days then your test is meaningless. You should let it sit at a clean spot for awhile.

Now if you follow my setup and you still stutter. Try buying a prebuild you can return easily, like costco, bestbuy etc. NEVER LET IT TOUCH YOUR OUTLET. Always connect it to the DOUBLE CONVERSION UPS. I say again, DOUBLE CONVERSION. Not sinewave, not line interactive. But a DOUBLE CONVERSION.

These things can get pricey. You can try finding a 2nd hand one without batteries and buy the batteries yourself. Batteries for mine cost around $32 CAD each, plus shipping which isn’t bad at all.

Anyways, im here if anyone has any questions.

Also I ask nicely, please don’t over take this thread with input lag problems, you guys have a million threads regarding the issue and only a handful regarding this issue myself and a few others have.. I truly wish you guys luck into finding a fix for it.
Hey hello I'm glad you fixed your stuttering issues, but by stuttering do you mean that, if you were having consistent frames per second while playing lets say 100fps steady, and perfect frametimes like 100fps/10ms frametimes, by stuttering you mean that you were moving with blurryness/motion blur, visual lag, like the game feels like less than 100fps? am I right?

Cause I'm having those symptoms, plus its like my eyes lost on track while playing, I get eyestrain, eyetired, the games animation felts so faster, that my reaction time are slow because of that, and then like 3-4 times in a year, or every 2-3 months suddenly my game become hiper smooth that everyone call me cheater in games such counter strike, suddenly the game become super smooth, targets become slow, easy to hit, the audio becomes clear and on time, I can hear every single nade people throw , more accurated the steps

So yeah, :(

Sorry for to much text ^^

Zodasaur

Post by Zodasaur » 10 Nov 2023, 01:03

pcenthusiast92 wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 20:54
lavar wrote:
08 Nov 2023, 08:07
Yes you’ve read the title.

I tested 6+ PC’s, internets monitors etc etc etc etc etc etc for the last 3 years. Any PC i connected in my house made it stutter instantly… and “forever”

Nothing I did even HELPED my PC one tiny bit. It seemed as once I plugged my PC into my outlet it “stuttered” forever. Nothing I would do would help the stutters.

Until now.

I bought a double conversion UPS. Let it sit plugged into my outlet and plugged my PC into it for the first week-2 I had it. I noticed a big difference but it just wasn’t there yet… I also have a power conditioner.. After couple weeks I was like let me connect my power conditioner to outlet, then my UPS connected to it. My regular UPS didn’t do anything. Double conversion on the other hand.. that’s why. IT HAS TO BE DOUBLE CONVERSION.

So at first I noticed a massive difference once I plugged those 2 in.. I could actually like play..? Stutters here and there.. but dude.. first time in 3 years something I did actually helped the stutters. Now, I was wondering hey.. could my PC just be messed up from all these tweaks I’ve tried..? I’ve literally changed so many settings lol and my windows wasn’t reset in years. I was thinking about resetting windows but its such a hassle so I didn’t.

A couple days goes… Then my Fortnite client was bugging. This weird anti cheat thingy wasn’t letting me install it.. people online said its such a hassle just easier to reset ur PC.. so I was like ok I was thinking about resetting it days ago and didn’t wanna keep trying to fix this anti cheat bug so I reset windows…

Once done, i didn’t touch nothing. Just downloaded Fortnite to see if it lets me boot, it does.

I enter the game. Bit stuttery ( cause Fortnite has shader compilation you have to let it build up) but couple games later… SMOOTH. Literally haven’t felt it like this in 3 YEARS. WTF? I play I play I play and omg… I can actually play. (My fortnite used to be insanely stuttery, non stop damn stutters, unplayable) It was a blessing. New season, OG, and I can actually play.

I hop on PUBG.. same thing.. I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY.. bit stutters here and there but nothing horrible like before. Just non stop, unplayable. Now PUBG is extremely unoptimized and my CPU is also outdated cause I never bothered upgrading it but it’s still a lowkey beast. But man, it feels like I don’t even have this issue anymore. I can play like I did 3 years ago.

So yeah. I know whats its like dealing with this BS. This stuff is stressful, takes a hit on your mental health.. it really sucks. I know how it feels.

THIS IS NOT AN INPUT LAG ISSUE. IF YOU HAVE INPUT LAG THIS IS NOT FOR YOU. This is for people where you only suffer stutters and your game never feels better no matter what time of day it is and nothing you do helps.

Please do not cram the thread regarding input lag. You guys have a million threads. Regarding this issue it’s extremely hard to find threads like this.

If anyone has questions you can leave your discord or ask here.

Power conditioner: Furhman M-8x2
UPS: Tripp Lite SU1500XL.

Now.. I used to think my PC was “infected” and honestly reading online I do believe peoples stuff does get perm damaged, but unless you leave your PC at a “clean” location for like a few days then your test is meaningless. You should let it sit at a clean spot for awhile.

Now if you follow my setup and you still stutter. Try buying a prebuild you can return easily, like costco, bestbuy etc. NEVER LET IT TOUCH YOUR OUTLET. Always connect it to the DOUBLE CONVERSION UPS. I say again, DOUBLE CONVERSION. Not sinewave, not line interactive. But a DOUBLE CONVERSION.

These things can get pricey. You can try finding a 2nd hand one without batteries and buy the batteries yourself. Batteries for mine cost around $32 CAD each, plus shipping which isn’t bad at all.

Anyways, im here if anyone has any questions.

Also I ask nicely, please don’t over take this thread with input lag problems, you guys have a million threads regarding the issue and only a handful regarding this issue myself and a few others have.. I truly wish you guys luck into finding a fix for it.
Hey hello I'm glad you fixed your stuttering issues, but by stuttering do you mean that, if you were having consistent frames per second while playing lets say 100fps steady, and perfect frametimes like 100fps/10ms frametimes, by stuttering you mean that you were moving with blurryness/motion blur, visual lag, like the game feels like less than 100fps? am I right?

Cause I'm having those symptoms, plus its like my eyes lost on track while playing, I get eyestrain, eyetired, the games animation felts so faster, that my reaction time are slow because of that, and then like 3-4 times in a year, or every 2-3 months suddenly my game become hiper smooth that everyone call me cheater in games such counter strike, suddenly the game become super smooth, targets become slow, easy to hit, the audio becomes clear and on time, I can hear every single nade people throw , more accurated the steps

So yeah, :(

Sorry for to much text ^^
Are you overclocking or using XMP?

lavar

Post by lavar » 10 Nov 2023, 01:58

No. Stutters. Frametime spikes.

Sounds like you have the input lag problem.

lavar

Post by lavar » 10 Nov 2023, 02:01

I wish it was as easy as that.

Overclock, down clock, xmp on, off. Nothing ever helped.

I took a brand new PC to a friends house, ran smooth, connects to my outlet it instantly stutters.

Cyanide_

Post by Cyanide_ » 10 Nov 2023, 03:50

lavar wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 19:51
Cyanide_ wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 10:57
lavar wrote:

Did you not see the part where I said I tested over 6 PC’s?
Literally your quote bro
I hop on PUBG.. same thing.. I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY.. bit stutters here and there but nothing horrible like before. Just non stop, unplayable. Now PUBG is extremely unoptimized and my CPU is also outdated cause I never bothered upgrading it but it’s still a lowkey beast.
Either you worded it poorly, or you tried six actually different PCs, including new mobo & cpu and nothing changed.
You ignored other questions also. Well good luck with your findings.

lavar

Post by lavar » 10 Nov 2023, 07:55

6 PC’s = 6 PC’s. Not 6 motherboard changes in 1 build, not 6 CPU changes.