Rare/Electrical Issues Affecting Latency — Interference, EMI, EMF

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
delve

Re: Rare/Electrical Issues Affecting Latency — Interference, EMI, EMF

Post by delve » 13 Aug 2023, 17:58

I have noticed this too, either unplugging power cable or dp cable was it while pc is running, which triggered a much lower latency state of the computer even while running everything off-grid. Imo this is still likely something coming from the power grid, but it is radiating over air, could be electrical or magnetic fields or em waves.

Sqnax17

Post by Sqnax17 » 14 Aug 2023, 20:36

delve wrote:
13 Aug 2023, 17:58
I have noticed this too, either unplugging power cable or dp cable was it while pc is running, which triggered a much lower latency state of the computer even while running everything off-grid. Imo this is still likely something coming from the power grid, but it is radiating over air, could be electrical or magnetic fields or em waves.
there is no evidence that this radiation can affect the computer through the air. We are from different countries, it is not possible for this to happen to almost everyone. I now believe it is, shall we say, a problem that Windows and hardware developers will not notice. Some have a chance of having no inputlag due to correct hardware manufacturing or configuration. I was reading about conflicts of
Windows IRQ so I can not delve into it. This issue of turning off and on the monitor or disconnecting the video cable and connecting it again and the inputlag disappears, it happens on my cousin's xbox, on a friend's pc, on another and on several others. However, it doesn't make sense for the monitor to run out of input lag and better colors after being started and to degrade after 5 seconds. I don't think pro players have that. probably their monitor already starts in the best possible way and is stabilized. My monitor doesn't stabilize, it degrades and gets bad and that doesn't make sense bro

dervu

Post by dervu » 15 Aug 2023, 06:02

With photovoltaic you have to take into account also if inverter is not trash one. If that issue has anything to do with supraharmonics, then there is big chance inverter would cause them too if its not really good one.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

Sqnax17

Post by Sqnax17 » 15 Aug 2023, 09:08

dervu wrote:
15 Aug 2023, 06:02
With photovoltaic you have to take into account also if inverter is not trash one. If that issue has anything to do with supraharmonics, then there is big chance inverter would cause them too if its not really good one.
pure sine wave inverter. +-3 Harmonic Distortion. In the review of the ocilloscope it showed that it has no harmonic distortions that affect any electronic equipment

Sqnax17

Post by Sqnax17 » 15 Aug 2023, 09:11

Sqnax17 wrote:
15 Aug 2023, 09:08
dervu wrote:
pure sine wave inverter. +-3 Harmonic Distortion. In the review of the ocilloscope it showed that it has no harmonic distortions that affect any electronic equipment
if it was electricity, explain to me why turning the monitor off and on eliminates the inputlag for several people, however, it only lasts about 5 seconds and then it degrades and gets bad again. And as if the monitor could not stabilize the latency

dervu

Post by dervu » 15 Aug 2023, 09:20

Sqnax17 wrote:
dervu wrote:
Harmonic distortions like THD you can measure are not counting in supraharmonics. It's tough to tell if it can be that or not, without expensive hardware to measure. It's pretty new thing, with more and more scientific papers on that every year.

"Meanwhile, the designers of rectified input switch mode power supplies knew about the tight limits at the lower order harmonic ranges in the standards. They also knew they could reduce the physical size (and cost) of some of the power supplies’ components by operating at higher frequencies. As a result, significant power levels appeared above the standard harmonic range, which has limits imposed. In short, they pushed the problem above where it is regulated, sort of like driving at 1,000 mph to fool the police officer’s radar gun."
https://www.ecmag.com/magazine/articles ... aharmonics
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

Sqnax17

Post by Sqnax17 » 15 Aug 2023, 09:45

dervu wrote:
15 Aug 2023, 09:20
Sqnax17 wrote:
dervu wrote:
Harmonic distortions like THD you can measure are not counting in supraharmonics. It's tough to tell if it can be that or not, without expensive hardware to measure. It's pretty new thing, with more and more scientific papers on that every year.

"Meanwhile, the designers of rectified input switch mode power supplies knew about the tight limits at the lower order harmonic ranges in the standards. They also knew they could reduce the physical size (and cost) of some of the power supplies’ components by operating at higher frequencies. As a result, significant power levels appeared above the standard harmonic range, which has limits imposed. In short, they pushed the problem above where it is regulated, sort of like driving at 1,000 mph to fool the police officer’s radar gun."
I understand you. do you have any idea how to solve this?
Too bad there is no scientific study on this inputlag that is impossible to solve

Sqnax17

Post by Sqnax17 » 15 Aug 2023, 10:08

dervu wrote:
15 Aug 2023, 09:20
Sqnax17 wrote:
dervu wrote:

if you connect the pc directly to a battery, it would refute your argument

Sqnax17

Post by Sqnax17 » 15 Aug 2023, 11:41

Sqnax17 wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 16:33
Hi guys, I'm from Brazil. I am not encouraging anyone to stop looking for solutions. I'm a layman on the subject, but I've been researching this anomolo inputlag caused by electricity for years. in 2018-2019 the pc was perfect and very cool, but after 2019 it's all over. I tried 2 completely different pcs, different houses and nothing happened. Recently, after testing an online double conversion UPS with pure sine wave (I feel the battery play better with the equipment disconnected from the socket, but it doesn't come close to normal operation) it didn't work, not even a panamax power conditioner. I saw several people saying that a balanced theroidal transformer would solve the problem, so I decided to buy it and spent some money because I live in Brazil and for us it is a very high value. And it didn't solve anything. So guys, don't spend money for nothing until you have an explanation with factual evidence about the solution. I particularly give up playing for fun and competitively (which I did best and it was good). It really is impossible.
FIXED THE PROBLEM. I CONNECTED THE MONITOR TO THE BATTERY DIRECTLY AND I SEE EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING AND FAST. NOW I WILL CONNECT THE SOURCE DIRECTLY TO THE BATTERY. SINE INVERTERS ARE RUMBLE. FIXED