70% of my input lag is gone

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
glorytogod

70% of my input lag is gone

Post by glorytogod » 03 May 2023, 11:29

Hello everyone,

I've been a lurker on this forum for quite some time now, but I think it's finally time for me to share my own experience.

for the past 6-7 years , I had been experiencing input lag while playing games on my PC, which was extremely frustrating. I initially thought that it was a problem with my internet connection.I also had the opportunity to play games on my friend's computer. Surprisinngly, the games ran smoothly without any input lag or other issues that I was experiencing on my own PC.

This experience further confirmed that the problem was not with the games themselves,or the fact that i'm bad at videos games, but rather with my own computer or electrical system. It was clear that I needed to investigate further to find the root cause of the issue.

So the day came when the issue with the electricity became widespread throughout the whole building, everyone had problems with the lights turning on and off, and some people's lights were broken after the electricity went out. It was clear that something was wrong with the electrical system in the building.

So, we called the electricity company and they sent a technician to investigate. The technician discovered that the hot wire in the building was completely damaged and needed to be fixed, the technician was able to make some temporary adjustments to improve the situation until we bring a profesionnal to fix the issue because it's an intern situation the company cannot fix that for us. And fortunately, these adjustments made a huge difference in my gaming experience, as the input lag was completely eliminated and my games felt smoother and more responsive than ever before. It was like I was playing on a completely different computer.

Overall, this experience taught me the importance of taking a holistic approach to troubleshooting problems, and not ruling out any potential causes - even if they may seem unlikely at first.

Additionally, I wanted to emphasize that the improvement in gameplay was not just a slight difference. In fact, I would say that it's about 80% better than before. Even though I'm still using an ADSL2+ connection, the difference is clearly noticeable.

As a result of the improved input lag, I was finally able to achieve my first Rank 1 in FIFA after playing for three years. I can also confidently say that my FPS games feel so much smoother without any stutters or the feeling of being limited to 60Hz.

What's remarkable is that all these improvements occurred without any changes to my PC hardware or other components. It was simply a matter of fixing the damaged hot wire that was causing the issues. It has now been two weeks without any input lag.

It's important to note that I am not a professional in the field of electricity, and I cannot fully explain how all of these issues were caused or how they were fixed. However, I do know that the damaged hot wire was the main culprit behind my input lag issues while playing games on my PC

I hope that this encourages others who may be experiencing similar problems to investigate and find the root cause of their issues. It's amazing how much of a difference it can make and how much it can improve the overall gaming experience.

Thanks for reading, and I hope my experience helps someone out there.

dervu

Re: 70% of my input lag is gone

Post by dervu » 03 May 2023, 15:54

Give some more details.
Was it immediately improved after this cable repair?
Report again in couple of months if it is still working as it is now.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

glorytogod

Post by glorytogod » 03 May 2023, 16:15

dervu wrote: ↑
03 May 2023, 15:54
Give some more details.
Was it immediately improved after this cable repair?
Report again in couple of months if it is still working as it is now.
Yes, it was instant. I forgot to mention that I had multiple motherboards that got fried within a span of 6 years. Every motherboard I purchased would fail within 6-12 months. Additionally, if I left my PC off for a day or two, it wouldn't power on for the next few days. That's why I kept my PC running all the time. Now, I can shut it down and power it up without any problems.

F1zus

Post by F1zus » 04 May 2023, 07:37

glorytogod wrote: ↑
03 May 2023, 16:15
Yes, it was instant. I forgot to mention that I had multiple motherboards that got fried within a span of 6 years. Every motherboard I purchased would fail within 6-12 months. Additionally, if I left my PC off for a day or two, it wouldn't power on for the next few days. That's why I kept my PC running all the time. Now, I can shut it down and power it up without any problems.
How could they burn out? So you have a bad power supply with weak protection. A normal power supply should shut down immediately after a short circuit or overload or overvoltage.
I have an average block - seasonic focus plus 650w, but it worked during a short circuit in 5v lines and 12v. During the experiments, I often subjected it to overloads and other tests, but the unit withstood everything.

glorytogod

Post by glorytogod » 04 May 2023, 09:34

F1zus wrote: ↑
04 May 2023, 07:37
03 May 2023, 16:15
How could they burn out? So you have a bad power supply with weak protection. A normal power supply should shut down immediately after a short circuit or overload or overvoltage.
I have an average block - seasonic focus plus 650w, but it worked during a short circuit in 5v lines and 12v. During the experiments, I often subjected it to overloads and other tests, but the unit withstood everything.
Thank you for your explanation. I have to admit that I don't know much about electricity. All I know is that my computer was behaving strangely before, and now everything seems to be working fine again.

Regarding the power supplies, before the Leadex III Bronze PRO 550W, I had a Corsair VS550. After the Leadex PSU got fried, I switched back to the Corsair PSU because I thought it might have been the problem. However, my PC sometimes wouldn't boot with the Corsair PSU, and sometimes it would.

When I got the new Leadex PSU, I experienced the same problem initially. However, now everything seems to be working fine. I'm not sure if this information helps to shed any light on what might have been causing the motherboard failures, but I thought it might be useful to mention.

Thank you for your help and advice.

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 05 May 2023, 08:28

03 May 2023, 11:29
Hello everyone,

I've been a lurker on this forum for quite some time now, but I think it's finally time for me to share my own experience.

for the past 6-7 years , I had been experiencing input lag while playing games on my PC, which was extremely frustrating. I initially thought that it was a problem with my internet connection.I also had the opportunity to play games on my friend's computer. Surprisinngly, the games ran smoothly without any input lag or other issues that I was experiencing on my own PC.

This experience further confirmed that the problem was not with the games themselves,or the fact that i'm bad at videos games, but rather with my own computer or electrical system. It was clear that I needed to investigate further to find the root cause of the issue.

So the day came when the issue with the electricity became widespread throughout the whole building, everyone had problems with the lights turning on and off, and some people's lights were broken after the electricity went out. It was clear that something was wrong with the electrical system in the building.

So, we called the electricity company and they sent a technician to investigate. The technician discovered that the hot wire in the building was completely damaged and needed to be fixed, the technician was able to make some temporary adjustments to improve the situation until we bring a profesionnal to fix the issue because it's an intern situation the company cannot fix that for us. And fortunately, these adjustments made a huge difference in my gaming experience, as the input lag was completely eliminated and my games felt smoother and more responsive than ever before. It was like I was playing on a completely different computer.

Overall, this experience taught me the importance of taking a holistic approach to troubleshooting problems, and not ruling out any potential causes - even if they may seem unlikely at first.

Additionally, I wanted to emphasize that the improvement in gameplay was not just a slight difference. In fact, I would say that it's about 80% better than before. Even though I'm still using an ADSL2+ connection, the difference is clearly noticeable.

As a result of the improved input lag, I was finally able to achieve my first Rank 1 in FIFA after playing for three years. I can also confidently say that my FPS games feel so much smoother without any stutters or the feeling of being limited to 60Hz.

What's remarkable is that all these improvements occurred without any changes to my PC hardware or other components. It was simply a matter of fixing the damaged hot wire that was causing the issues. It has now been two weeks without any input lag.

It's important to note that I am not a professional in the field of electricity, and I cannot fully explain how all of these issues were caused or how they were fixed. However, I do know that the damaged hot wire was the main culprit behind my input lag issues while playing games on my PC

I hope that this encourages others who may be experiencing similar problems to investigate and find the root cause of their issues. It's amazing how much of a difference it can make and how much it can improve the overall gaming experience.

Nice, another witness of electricity related

akylen

Post by akylen » 05 May 2023, 17:29

Hello everyone,

Hello, first thank you for your post, could you take a picture of the installation and what they have changed because in writing it is complicated to really understand and visualize with words when people like me dont really speak english other than via a translator.

Thanks a lot.

glorytogod

Post by glorytogod » 05 May 2023, 18:39

akylen wrote: ↑
05 May 2023, 17:29
Hello everyone,

Hello, first thank you for your post, could you take a picture of the installation and what they have changed because in writing it is complicated to really understand and visualize with words when people like me dont really speak english other than via a translator.

Thanks a lot.
Sure, I understand. No problem. Tomorrow I will show you what they did and take some pictures of the installation so that you can better understand and visualize the changes made.

akylen

Post by akylen » 06 May 2023, 17:09

Thank you.

glorytogod

Post by glorytogod » 09 May 2023, 22:44

akylen wrote: ↑
06 May 2023, 17:09
Thank you.
the electrician told us that the thing marked in yellow is toasted need to be fixed , so he added the 2 black things
Attachments
emi1.jpg
emi1.jpg (597.17 KiB) Viewed 3290 times