Long time problem I've been facing

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
widow13

Long time problem I've been facing

Post by widow13 » 02 May 2024, 18:34

Hey guys, here to revive a problem I've been having for years since I'm getting closer to fixing it.

So I've been having the famous high input lag/stutter issues.
Few days ago I unplugged my setup for around 2 hours to change it up a bit and after I plugged it back in I played 3-4 days straight without any lag(was lagging for weeks) and suddenly had literally perfect gameplay.
During these 3-4 days I did not use heavy electrical appliances at home like cleaner/dryer.
4th day in(late at night) I used the cleaner and afterwards the dryer.
5th day PC started freezing/stuttering and feeling delayed again and even had a few game crashes.
Kitchen and boiler did not make me lag, but they both work on individual breakers.(I believe that's the difference between them and other appliances)

Any idea how these have any connection between them ? Appliances causing PC to run with bad current and therefore it needs to be power cycled to get back to working normally again ?

I'll leave PC unplugged during the night and check how it acts tomorrow.

f1ndus

Re: Long time problem I've been facing

Post by f1ndus » 03 May 2024, 02:53

In most cases of our problem begins in EMI - interference from AIR. [ live around high voltage lines, traffo, etc etc]
our LCD monitors are really really sensitible to this noise.

The minor problem is when u have bad electricity in house, you detect that quickly, you can turn off all the circuits in your house, except one where u have PC connected. It should be instantlly better, also playing on batterys, solar panels this can fix your problem.
But its very rare, 90% all of us suffer air interference that is very very very hard solve this issue and you can transfer your PC,Monitor to other place and have still problem.

widow13

Post by widow13 » 03 May 2024, 03:07

f1ndus wrote:
03 May 2024, 02:53
In most cases of our problem begins in EMI - interference from AIR. [ live around high voltage lines, traffo, etc etc]

The minor problem is when u have bad electricity in house, you detect that quickly, you can turn off all the circuits in your house, except one where u have PC connected. It should be instantlly better, also playing on batterys, solar panels this can fix your problem.
But its very rare, 90% all of us suffer air interference that is very very very hard solve this issue and you can transfer your PC,Monitor to other place and have still problem.

I did transfer the PC once to a different house and it instantly felt better.
But if you think about it in order to transfer it,it was unplugged for a few hours.
That house tho was out of town and kinda alone in the middle of nowhere, so it makes sense for the electricity to be noise free.
But I believe the cause was PC being unplugged for a few hours.

Gonna see how it acts today after being unplugged for a good 8 hours, usually takes longer than that but last time worked after just 2 hours.

Also PC settings can definitely help but they are mostly a waste of time. If the PC works it just works.
And it just starts lagging with every update/task turned off, so basically nothing changes.

widow13

Post by widow13 » 03 May 2024, 10:56

Having PC unplugged did not work this time apparently.

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 04 May 2024, 01:44

widow13 wrote:
03 May 2024, 03:07
f1ndus wrote:

But if you think about it in order to transfer it,it was unplugged for a few hours.
That house tho was out of town and kinda alone in the middle of nowhere, so it makes sense for the electricity to be noise free.

Gonna see how it acts today after being unplugged for a good 8 hours, usually takes longer than that but last time worked after just 2 hours.

Also PC settings can definitely help but they are mostly a waste of time. If the PC works it just works.
And it just starts lagging with every update/task turned off, so basically nothing changes.
Yes i can confirm letting PC turned OFF for days doing big effect.
I Working in other country from Monday -> Friday.
And when i come home in Friday, almost every time first start PC is everything perfect [100%] maybe for 1 hour, then everything return and pc is lagging again.
it is proof that negative energy evaporates from him over time, also it is another proof we are suffering ELECTRICITY problem

widow13

Post by widow13 » 04 May 2024, 04:16

f1ndus wrote:
04 May 2024, 01:44
widow13 wrote:
03 May 2024, 03:07
f1ndus wrote:

Yes i can confirm letting PC turned OFF for days doing big effect.
I Working in other country from Monday -> Friday.
And when i come home in Friday, almost every time first start PC is everything perfect [100%] maybe for 1 hour, then everything return and pc is lagging again.
it is proof that negative energy evaporates from him over time, also it is another proof we are suffering ELECTRICITY problem
Same way I've noticed it. I usually leave for weeks at a time to work in different countries/places and when I come back it acts better for a few days.

widow13

Post by widow13 » 04 May 2024, 07:51

Yesterday I found out it might be related to the NIC.
When I remove my ethernet cable from the PC port for a little bit and plug it back things become smooth again.
Been disconnecting from discord for a week now aswell while others in the house don't. I don't dc from games tho.
That's something I didn't do when I unplugged the PC for the whole night, ethernet was still plugged, could still be a coincidence to be fair.

Could it be broken or just bad port ?

widow13

Post by widow13 » 07 May 2024, 15:48

Tried deleting ethernet port drivers and resetting it after a long day of unbearable lag and the difference was day and night.